Is Excel Bad For Some Plants?

Toddzilla

Reaction score
So, been cycling a new tank for a couple week and I thought I'd go ahead and ad some plants. I thought I did my 'due diligence' and found that I may need a supplement for my plants call Excel. (I also used the Flourish tabs.) I'm sure everyone is familiar with the supps. Within days my new 24 val plants have melted into a rotting mass along with some other plants... Amazon sword seems unaffected though. Anyone else have a similar experience? I really hate killing $100 bucks worth of plants off in a week. Just curious, the damage is done.

Toddzilla

Reaction score
Just realized I got this thread in the profile section... no idea how I did that. Sorry.

Phish24/7

Reaction score
@Toddzilla I wouldn't throw away any of your plants that Melted because the same thing happened to me when I started to use flourish tabs, and then in about a week maybe 2 everything had sprouted backup. Now everything is doing great.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Valls, Sagittaria and plants like them as well as moss balls (really algae) die. Excel is a liquid carbon that also helps with algae. I use it daily along with other Flourish products weekly and every three months.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom