is brown a common color?

1. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

I was at a pet store a while ago and i remembered that they had a couple brown female bettas, is it rare to have these in pet stores? they were a bit cheaper than the others they had.

2. TFA101 Well Known Member Member

to some extent it is rare. the "chocolate" bettas are one of the... fancy? (for lack of better word) colors. as for price, females are usually cheaper than males anyway. However, I'm not sure if you're seeing a true chocolate, or if the bettas yellow is so dark it appears brown...

3. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

i agree brown colors arent really common.. at least in my area... LOL i agree to that also, females tend to be cheaper than males...

4. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

oops, sry if i wasnt clear, it wasn't a fancy brown, it was a wild colored brown

5. TFA101 Well Known Member Member

o_O

whole 'nother story.... because of popular demand for the technicolor hybrid bettas, with the cool fin variations and stuff, I doubt the ones with wild coloration would be more than a couple dollars.... like the feeder guppies VS fancy guppies, for example.

6. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

IMO wild bettas would be awesome to keep. Just because they are wild LOL

7. TFA101 Well Known Member Member

not that wild bettas wouldn't be awesome to keep (don't get me wrong, I'm willing to get an Imbellis anyday), its just the demand isn't as high for them as it is for the fancy bettas.

8. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

totally agree! you dont see wild bettas alot, so if you see one its the chance of a life time LOL

9. fishtroy Well Known Member Member

I have only ever seen one completely chocolate coloured betta and I bought her! Her name was Cassandra. She was a betta female, not very expensive, but completely chocolate coloured from nose to tail. Not a hint of another colour on her, here are photos but she was difficult to photograph. She never stayed still!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]