Is bacter AE necessary for shrimp?

Ssnaaiil

I’m getting shrimp in a couple days and I was wondering if bacter AE is necessary to have for my shrimp to stay healthy and survive? Or will blanched veggies, snail jello and shrimp/snail pellets be enough? There is already some biofilm and algae on my tank and ornaments inside.

Feohw

No its not needed. I didn't use it for the first few months of keeping shrimp, and recently I haven't used it much at all. Though I've been meaning to get back to using it. Veggies and shrimp pellets work well enough for me alongside the natural algae/biofilm of the tank. I do like it though.

richiep

I've attached the benefits of using it for you to make up your own mind.
I personally use it once or twice a week

Attachments

• 15790149672963104360526324604685.jpg
    15790149672963104360526324604685.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 104

ProudPapa

Thanks for posting that. I've been wondering the same thing. I also downloaded the picture and rotated it. This might help folks that have trouble reading sideways.

1579015401296.png

Ssnaaiil

What dosing would you recommend for a 35 gallon tank?

richiep

What dosing would you recommend for a 35 gallon tank?
No more than ½ a scoop per week will be enough

KinderScout

Have to say I've never heard of Bacter AE or ever used it - we have 15 amanos.
One thing to consider is adding 2 large catappa leaves and 2 guava leaves (about right for a 35USg). They supposedly have antibacterial qualities for your shrimp and shrimp can feed on the decaying guava leaves. Swap them out when they rot down to a skeleton, about every two to three weeks. If you don't like the look, clip them to the back of the tank until they're soaked enough to sink.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
wateriswet
Replies
Views
Shadowfox
  • Question
Replies
Views
Crimson_687
Replies