Is API liquid super ich cure safe for BB

AustinJ1991

So I’ve noticed one or two fish in my tank have ich. And the rest are only displaying signs of ich. Mainly scratching themselves against ornaments or plants. I’ve raised my temps and have started salt treatments and gravel vacs daily. However I looked into the API ich cure. It ask you to remove carbon filtration. If I add ich cure if the ich problem gets worse will it destroy my cycle ? And force me to restart ? Can’t find anything related to this topic for some reason on the forum so figured I’d ask :)
Also sincerely sorry for already having to post not even a month after asking about the nitrogen cycle lol!

Basil

I’ve used it without an issue with the cycle. I don’t run carbon in my tanks anyway so I had to add it as directed.
Also, if the salt/heat treatment doesn’t work, I would do a large water change to dilute the salt fairly well before you start the API treatment. Could be a bit stressful to be doing two treatments at once.
The super Ich cure directs to raise the temp to 82, so you’d just need to lower it a bit.
Good luck!

Upvote 0

AustinJ1991

Ok thank you. Just wanted to make sure I would ruin my cycle. It’s such a gruelling process and I just got the tank set up nicely :). If I don’t notice improvement and ich starts worsening I’ll remove my carbon and start the second treatment! Thank you for the help.

Upvote 0

AvaTheFish

I agree with what was mentioned above, however I reallly reccomend just trying aquarium salt! This saved all 14 of my fish and my ich was supper bad. It can kill flaky live plants but mine all lived. Good luck!!

Upvote 0

AustinJ1991

I agree with what was mentioned above, however I reallly reccomend just trying aquarium salt! This saved all 14 of my fish and my ich was supper bad. It can kill flaky live plants but mine all lived. Good luck!!
I have been doing the salt treatments for a total of five days as well as daily gravel vacs with 50% water changes every day. I can’t find any signs of ich on my guppies and the scratching on surfaces has somewhat subsided (I’ve noticed a few fish doing it maybe a handful of times but it’s not constant ) no white spots on any of the other fish so far. However last night I noticed my guppies gasping for at the surface. My parameters are within range ammonia 0.0 nitrite 0 nitrate 20 ppm. Ph is between 7-7.8. I have an air stone in the tank and turned my filter up to increase surface agitation I’m thinking the ich is gone. And they’re maybe just stressed from all of the water changes and disturbances. If I notice anymore spots I’ll restart treatments. But the fish were starting to get really stressed and I was afraid I was going to start losing fish.
oh forgot to mention I have two fry in the tank as well that are doing well :) I would assume if the ich was super bad it would have killed my two fry by now

Upvote 0

GlennO

It will not destroy BB if used as directed. Salt is unnecessary if using meds.

Upvote 0

AustinJ1991

I know. I decided to do the temperature rise and salt method first before I jumped into medication. Which seemed to work well.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BadhbhCatha
Replies
Views
gouramii39
Replies
Views
86 ssinit
Replies