Is Anyone Familiar With The Current Usa Loop Bluetooth Controller System?

Discussion in 'Saltwater Tank Equipment' started by PeteStevers, Jul 17, 2019.

1. PeteStevers

PeteSteversWell Known MemberMember

I'm in the process of planning a 40 breeder reef tank. I was comparing lighting and ran across the Current USA Orbit Marine LED w\LOOP controller ($99). Looking further into it, you can control light cycles and also control\synchronize LOOP compatible circulation pumps as well. Looked interesting but there are some poor reviews on their pumps longevity. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this system or could recommend any alternatives that wouldn't break the bank. Thanks

2. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Giving this a bump up for you hope our salty members can help you today

3. Jesterrace

JesterraceWell Known MemberMember

Unfortunately the Current USA lights look great on paper but in reality they just don't have the power to get good coral growth for a reef. By comparison to other lights in their price range they offer great customization, but when you compare them side by side with their counterparts, the lights just look dim/weak by comparison. Their IC Pro line isn't bad but that will put you in the $260 range. In order to get a good LED light that will offer coral growth you are going to have to double the price of that Current USA light. A pair of these will definitely give you decent coral growth and more than enough coverage for your whole tank, just be aware that they offer basically zero in terms of customization or programming:

https://www.amazon.com/MarsAqua-Dim...82&s=gateway&sprefix=Mars+Aqua,aps,181&sr=8-1

Or you could go with one of these (just be aware it is very powerful and you will want to mount it higher and turn down the intensity):

https://www.amazon.com/MarsAqua-Dim...=gateway&sprefix=mars+aqua+300,aps,185&sr=8-3

You could also look into a T5 setup if you don't mind replacing the bulbs every 18 months or so.

4. OP
    OP
    PeteStevers

PeteSteversWell Known MemberMember

Thanks for the great info!