Is anyone else seeing this?

StarGirl
Everything is wonky.
The Member screen is vertical, and all smashed together.
The Pm and Note drop downs are not working.
I can't go on messages at all on my phone.
All of the members joined at a later time today, and were last seen at the correct time but it says later today.

Is anyone else having this issue? I'm sure it will get fixed but It's crazy looking.

awilkinson871
I am on a laptop and not having issues accessing anything but the time of the posts is off. Everything says later today at and then the time.

StarGirl
Im on a PC also. What does your member screen look like? The drop downs are not working but you can still click again to go to the full screen list.

AverageAquarist22
I can see the later today message on the time things for when messages were posted… I was wondering what that’s all about lol

Betta'sAnonymous
The later today is all i see. Ha en't had any of the other issues on my phone...yet.

marmaaa
RIght after I saw this post I started seeing the Later today but it now has "Later Today at XX" XX being the time

StarGirl
marmaaa said:
RIght after I saw this post I started seeing the Later today but it now has "Later Today at XX" XX being the time
Everyone joined FL later today too....lol I can only view threads on my phone.

marmaaa
StarGirl said:
Everyone joined FL later today too....lol I can only view threads on my phone.
oof maybe Mike is changing things up?

StarGirl
marmaaa said:
oof maybe Mike is changing things up?
Oh Im sure it something that will get fixed.

Lucy
Sorry you're having issues.
Mike will take a look at things, I'm sure. Hopefully it will be resolved soon

pagoda
Homepage is all screwed up...

Screenshot 2021-07-14 at 05-15-41 FishLore Aquarium Fish Forum.png

Post times are screwed up also.

A large sledgehammer required on the SQL servers to get them back into synch
Nothing is working on the forum apart from posting

Top of site "mark forums read" is out
PM's are out
Alerts are out
Timings are out
Individual forum section choices on hompage is out

The SQL has collapsed on one or both servers, possible hacking onsite that caused the servers to drop or go out of synch.....

Mike if this was my site I would run a bug & hacker check, switch off servers and reboot them with a full clean up on database intrusions. The symptoms seem to be that of a bot hack on one or all SQL servers. (It happened to a couple of my sites a couple years ago, took a week for myself in the UK and the site owner in Texas to clean and stabilise after a bot hack, even with the help of the software engineers we still lost around 25% of the content)

StarGirl
I'm on Android by the way and Chrome. Still can't even log out on phone or get in messages.

pagoda
I have Firefox on the PC and its not running correctly and hasn't since I switched the pooter on this morning

Looks like its right across all platforms.....its more than just the average SQL server glitch for sure.

MacZ
I'm only having problems on the main page of the forum. Using Firefox on Ubuntu on my desktop. No problems on my phone.

StarGirl
I just got to work and my phone is working now. It wasn't at home.

Lucy
No problems here.
At any rate, let's not throw speculation out there. The last time this happened it was something with the caching of scripts.

Mike
Sorry for the issues. This sounds like a caching issue with css/scripts not refreshing properly and/or cloudflare cdn issues. I have tried on three diff devices this morning and seems ok this morn.

Try changing styles if this happens again. That forces a refresh of the css/scripts.

JLAquatics
I think you will need a refresh. I am still seeing this issue on the home page despite a refresh of the page and a change in the style chooser.

AverageAquarist22
The problem seems to be fixed on my device! I was only seeing the “later today” thing, so I can’t speak on any of the other ones but I thought I’d say that I’m not experiencing the other problems anymore :)
EDIT: never mind, as soon as I posted it showed up again. Oh well, sorry guys

mattgirl
I am getting a strange advertising banner across the bottom of my screen. I close it but it pops back up each time I go to another page. I think you can see it in this screen shot.

1626270715374.png

I am also getting a black screen when I try to view photos in threads. I have logged out and cleared history. I am on a notebook computer running Firefox.

Mike
We use ezoic and they are frequently implementing new ways to speed up website assets like css/images/scripts but sometimes things get “stuck”. If you can, try this:
- log out
- clear cache completely (delete cookies and cached images/files)
- log back in

Alternatively you can try switching styles to pull in newest files, but sounds like that doesn’t always fix this issue.

mattgirl
Thanks Mike. The photos are now showing correctly but the ad across the bottom is still there. I know ads help pay for this wonderful site but this one is over the top. I will do as you suggest and hopefully it will fix this.

GlennO
Seems like no one was online earlier today. Everyone was here later today.

Wayne73
StarGirl said:
Everything is wonky.
The Member screen is vertical, and all smashed together.
The Pm and Note drop downs are not working.
I can't go on messages at all on my phone.
All of the members joined at a later time today, and were last seen at the correct time but it says later today.

Is anyone else having this issue? I'm sure it will get fixed but It's crazy looking.
I too am having issues gaining access into forum.I usually use a quick link saved on my phone but, I've had to go through the web address to get into the forum.Im not tech savvy either.but I know the forum isn't working right.Their are sections on the bar across the top of the screen aren't working correctly.

Coradee
Hi everyone there do seem to be several glitches at the moment, Mike is aware of the ongoing issues & is working on them hopefully they’ll be sorted soon :)

Mike
The "Later today" on posts is showing up again... I believe this was a bug with the version of the forum software we are using but I'm looking to see if I can fix myself.. still looking into that issue.

mattgirl
You are probably already aware of all of them but just in case. There were several glitches this morning. Such as the missing reply box, multi-quote not working and asking me if I was sure I wanted to like a post along with the "later today" glitch.

The reply box is back and I can like a post without it asking me if I'm sure. Multi-quote still has problems.

It seems like the ads are trying to take over the forum. Right now there are 4 ads over there on the right along with the one across the bottom of the screen. It seems if we give these folks an inch they end up taking a mile. At least the amazon ads were unobtrusive. That is no longer the case :(

Lucy
Things are running smoothly for me this evening.

SouthAmericanCichlids
For me it's on and off, sometimes I can't click the not. thing, and sometimes I can. Same with "Later today at" and the like brings to a new page.

Lucy
SouthAmericanCichlids said:
For me it's on and off, sometimes I can't click the not. thing, and sometimes I can. Same with "Later today at" and the like brings to a new page.
Tonight it is? Mike made some adjustments. He might need to tweak more there are still isssues.

LHAquatics
I canged styles and everything is back to working :D

StarGirl
Lucy said:
Tonight it is? Mike made some adjustments. He might need to tweak more there are still isssues.
Photos still are not loading in the media.

Lucy
StarGirl said:
Photos still are not loading in the media.
That might be a different Issue
Mike, any ideas?

jmaldo
Still tough to navigate the site with the "Later Today" times being shown and it's been days/weeks since the reply was actually posted. I know Mike will get this resolved...

StarGirl
Still having issues with the photo upload, later today, and when you start to tag someone the names do not pop up so you have to know exactly what the users name is. This is happening in search too.

emeraldking
I am dealing with these problems as well the past two weeks.
First it works properly and then there are problems again.

Mike
jmaldo said:
Still tough to navigate the site with the "Later Today" times being shown and it's been days/weeks since the reply was actually posted. I know Mike will get this resolved...
That was fixed Friday - if you haven't logged off, cleared cache and then logged back in you might still be experiencing that one.

StarGirl said:
Still having issues with the photo upload, later today, and when you start to tag someone the names do not pop up so you have to know exactly what the users name is. This is happening in search too.
Looking at the photo upload issue and I think it might be fixed but still testing it. The "Later today" thing was fixed on Friday. Please do the log off, clear cache thing.

Apologies for these issues and thanks for your patience while I get them sorted!

StarGirl
Mike said:
That was fixed Friday - if you haven't logged off, cleared cache and then logged back in you might still be experiencing that one.
Just logged out cleared all history, cookies and caches. Had to log back in with a verification code and I am still seeing the later today.
It seems the first avatar you hover over says the right thing when you refresh the page. After that any others says later today.

Edit... the photo uploaded this time no problem!

SouthAmericanCichlids
StarGirl
Are you on a PC? I only know Chrome.

SouthAmericanCichlids
I am on hp envy with chrome.

StarGirl
I am on pc with chrome lol.
Well Ok open a tab and on the right side top there are 3 dots, Click on that and there will be history. History will come up again click it and on the left it will say clear browsing data. click that and it will have 3 boxes check all three and it will clear everything out for you. You will have to sign into everything again though.

SouthAmericanCichlids
StarGirl said:
Well Ok open a tab and on the right side top there are 3 dots, Click on that and there will be history. History will come up again click it and on the left it will say clear browsing data. click that and it will have 3 boxes check all three and it will clear everything out for you. You will have to sign into everything again though.
Do we have to clear our whole history? I kind of want to save it so I can find websites that I've looked at before, as I do that a lot, and have found it useful for other things too.

StarGirl
Do we have to clear our whole history? I kind of want to save it so I can find websites that I've looked at before, as I do that a lot, and have found it useful for other things too.
I wouldnt worry then. It did not work for me earlier. You could just do the cache data only.

jkkgron2
I never logged out or cleared my search history but for me the later today issue fixed after I changed the style from dark mode to the default. I would try changing the style before trying anything else.
…….nevermind. It went back to later today after I posted this. :(
Wait now it’s fixed again….. and after that edit it went back to later today. I think the issue is it defaults to later today after you post something?

SouthAmericanCichlids
For me after I change the style earlier it goes back, but it seems for the first little bit it says the actual time and then changes back to "Later today" every time I load a page.

jmaldo
It worked for a minute then back to "Later today at" ????? Just tried again...
When I refreshed the page or went to another page it shows correctly then after about 20-30 seconds it changes to"Later today @(time)"????

mattgirl
I wonder if it is a Chrome thing. I use Firefox. I had the "later today" for a little while Friday but just for a little while and it hasn't come back.

Lucy
Anyone try restarting their device? That has worked for me. I haven't had any issued for several days.
Clearing the cache can sometimes fix loading or problems.
If I'm not mistaken that's a temporary file that stores downloads from websites you visit. By clearing it, you would clear out the data downloaded that was causing the issues,
It doesn't always help but it's worth a shot.

Something like that :) I'm sure some else could word it better.

StarGirl
Lucy said:
Anyone try restarting their device? That has worked for me. I haven't had any issued for several days.
Clearing the cache can sometimes fix loading or problems.
If I'm not mistaken that's a temporary file that stores downloads from websites you visit. By clearing it, you would clear out the data downloaded that was causing the issues,
It doesn't always help but it's worth a shot.

Something like that :) I'm sure some else could word it better.
I did all that today and it is still here for me.

Top Bottom