Is a Tidal 55 enough

Joesmets

I am setting up, buying now, a 29 gallon tall. Looking at Tidal 55, 250 gph, is this a good choice

BullyBee

I am honestly a big fan of small canisters over power filters.

I have a 25 cube with a Fluval 107
I have a 32 with a Cobalt EXT 55

BettasAreSuperior

It depends on your stocking what is your stocking?

oldfishguy

I agree that it depends on what type of fish and how many you plan on keeping. I have a tidal 55 on a 29 gallon and I love it, I also have a Aqueon 300 canister filter on this tank but I have a high fish load and heavily stocked with plants, and CO2. The Tidal 55 is a great filter and should be fine by itself for a average to moderate load of fish. But remember one Oscar or a few goldfish in the tank will produce a lot more waste then 10 neons. But all in all on a 29 it should be fine. I love mine and have a Tidal 75 on my 75 gallon Discus tank along with a canister filter on it and the fish are doing fine.

Nickguy5467

im actually using a tidal 55 on my 29 gallon right now. its next to a aqueon 30. but i plan to ditch the 30 and ad a sponge filter for QT purpose(thats all the 30 is for anyway) just takes up way too much space for my liking

tidal 55 is more than enough i think. you cant have too much filtration

put a pre sponge on the intake

Joesmets

oldfishguy said:
I agree that it depends on what type of fish and how many you plan on keeping. I have a tidal 55 on a 29 gallon and I love it, I also have a Aqueon 300 canister filter on this tank but I have a high fish load and heavily stocked with plants, and CO2. The Tidal 55 is a great filter and should be fine by itself for a average to moderate load of fish. But remember one Oscar or a few goldfish in the tank will produce a lot more waste then 10 neons. But all in all on a 29 it should be fine. I love mine and have a Tidal 75 on my 75 gallon Discus tank along with a canister filter on it and the fish are doing fine.
Great info, thanks

Nickguy5467

also you can adjust the intake type with the tidal to mostly skim the surface or down blow or somewhere in between as well as the flow from the filter itself. but im sure you already knew that =)

Top Bottom