Is A Penguin 350 Too Big For A 12 Gallon Tank?

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by nikolasvaughn17, Aug 6, 2017.

1. nikolasvaughn17New MemberMember

I have a penguin 350 on my 40 gallon currently, I am selling the fish in that aquarium when leave for college. I am taking a 13 gallon to school with me and I want to know if I can put that 350 on there or will it cause problems? Thank you

2. Fanatic

FanaticFishlore VIPMember

You can't really have too large of a filter, unless it's got a overkill outflow on it.

3. BHK3

BHK3Well Known MemberMember

Agreed with the previous post. I have a 350 running on my 55 gallon tank right now. It will be a good amount of your flow for your tank, so just make sure you get fish like that heavy flow. Don't get anything that prefers smooth water, like bettas.

4. SixThreeOh

SixThreeOhWell Known MemberMember

The flow will be pretty overwhelming for anything that's small enough for a 13 gallon I'd imagine.

5. OP
    OP
    n

nikolasvaughn17New MemberMember

Ok thanks I'll go with a smaller filter.

6. purslanegardenWell Known MemberMember

keep in mind if you are taking the 350 or starting a new one, that you'll want the filter to cycle first. so keep the 350 media moist or wait a few weeks when you get to your new place to fully begin populating the tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice