Is a dwarf gourami a good beginner fish?

russ757
ty 1 sec hold on

"help stocking ten gallon tank#1 +#2 help will cichlids mix with platys

I found away to convincemy mom to let me change the water!

Butterfly
I found away to convincemy mom to let me change the water!
Cool! Because now that you've bought them their your responsibility to keep them healthy. maybe Mom will see you be trustworthy and responsible and let you do more for them that you need to do.
help stocking ten gallon tank#1 +#2 help will cichlids mix with platys
done
Carol

angelfish220
How did you convince her?

russ757
it isn't official but she couldnt see the point to it but I hope the nitrogen cyclewill help her

she is convinced!!!!!!!!!! we just did our first 50% waterchange and it was a huge success!!!!!!!!!!!!!

angelfish220
Did the twitching stop?

gwat6
idk I'm gonna let him calm down

angelfish220
Good idea.

Butterfly
she is convinced!!!!!!!!!! we just did our first 50% waterchange and it was a huge success!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EXCELLENT!!!!
Carol

russ757
ty I am soooooo happy thanks for sticking with me to the end

angelfish220
Hey at least you learned. I remember a few beginners who came because their fish died, and they decided they didnt like our advice and overstocked very VERY small tanks, then the fish die and they say our advice didnt work and stuff like that.

russ757
I hope I wasn't like that

angelfish220
Nope you learned. That's what counts.

russ757
well I leard from the best

Alessa
no, you're a great begginer! you have learned and done what you can for your fishies... which is awesome

russ757
ty I thought you were one of the ppl who thought I was rude and abandoned this thread

the concern is growing less but I still am worried

Butterfly
We're still here if you need anything else just yell
Carol

russ757
ok I probably will have more problems as soon as I look at the tank so stand by lol

Alessa
No, It was for "someone" that was actually rude to me and I didnt want to keep arguing with... it was not your fault.

russ757
ok any1 else want to say something or I'm gonna call it a day and watch some good ole' TV

G'night

sirdarksol
Alright, I just got done cleaning up this thread, as well as two others. Please keep it that way.

I hope everything is going relatively well with your tanks, Russ and Gwat, and I hope that, if nothing else, you've learned that, as with any other pet, research is your number one need when getting new fish. Once you've researched and know that you have a tank set up to provide the needs of the new fish, then get it.

One last note to deal with something said earlier (sorry, I was on a mini-vacation from Fishlore this weekend, so I didn't get a chance to respond sooner).
Stocking a tank is not only about nitrates, it's also about swimming space and psychology. Nearly every creature on earth will become violent and potentially cannibalistic if crammed in too closely with its fellows. Fish abide by this, too. Too many fish in a 10 gallon tank, even if you manage to keep the nitrates below 20ppm, will seriously stress the inhabitants. This is one of the reasons that I recommend 20 gallon or larger for beginners.

russ757
oh that makes a lot of sense thanks and sorry that I posted soo much

Butterfly
oh that makes a lot of sense thanks and sorry that I posted soo much
Posting a lot isn't a problem. If you've got something to say then say but if you've just posted and you think of something else you want to say use the edit button and add to that post instead of making many one sentence posts
Hope the tank is doing well today
Carol

russ757

if the twitch is still goin on tommorrow I'm gonna return him and wait for my tank to finish cycling I feel sorry for the little guy hes most likely gonna die cause I couldnt wait a few days

I'm taking him back to the store today poor lil' guy

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Oxfordislandfish
Replies
Views
Leeman75
Top Bottom