Is a 40 gallon tank expensive?

IDKwhattodo

How much does a 40G Tank Costs?

marmaaa

IDKwhattodo said:
How much does a 40G Tank Costs?
I bought it for $40 when petco and other pet stores had the dollar per gallon sale.

Obviously the tank is the cheapest as you have other things to buy like filter, heater, light, substrate, deco/plants, lid, and stand + equipment for stuff.

IDKwhattodo

marmaaa said:
I bought it for $40 when petco and other pet stores had the dollar per gallon sale.

Obviously the tank is the cheapest as you have other things to buy like filter, heater, light, substrate, deco/plants, lid, and stand + equipment for stuff.
That is so expensive in my country

marmaaa

IDKwhattodo said:
That is so expensive in my country
Oh sorry I didnt see you were in Bali. Im in the states so the stores are probably different. How much do you usually see 40g tanks go for?

ForceTen

Actually $40 dollars for him would be $581,590.43 Indonesian Rupiahs

marmaaa

ForceTen said:
Actually $40 dollars for him would be 581,590.43 Indonesian Rupiahs
Oh wow. I wonder what the average price for a tank is then over there?

IDKwhattodo

marmaaa said:
Oh sorry I didnt see you were in Bali. Im in the states so the stores are probably different. How much do you usually see 40g tanks go for?
1.000.000 Rupiahs bruh

marmaaa

IDKwhattodo said:
1.000.000 Rupiahs bruh
sorry but I cant help much since I dont live there. maybe ask around if someone is selling a used one?

ForceTen

He lives in Indonesia. $500,000 for the tank is no different than $40 dollars for us in the US. The money is the same, its only location specific.
Example: You go there and hand a converter $40. He in turn, hands you back $500.000 rupiahs.
Last time I was in Brazil, I converted $100 US and got back $300 real.

Freshfishguy

ForceTen said:
He lives in Indonesia. $500,000 for the tank is no different than $40 dollars for us in the US. The money is the same, its only location specific.
Example: You go there and hand a converter $40. He in turn, hands you back $500.000 rupiahs.
Not necessarily though, because buying power and cost of living could be different. For example, if one days wage is typically only the equivalent of 10 dollars, that could be why OP says it’s very expensive. I googled and it looks like the average annual salary in Bali is 11k dollars, whereas in the US it’s 48k. Which breaks down to about 50 dollars per day in Bali and 200 dollars per day in the US per day for a 5 day work week. So it really isn’t the same. Economics is a doozy dude haha.

ForceTen

Freshfishguy said:
Not necessarily though, because buying power and cost of living could be different. For example, if one days wage is typically only the equivalent of 10 dollars, that could be why OP says it’s very expensive. I googled and it looks like the average annual salary in Bali is 11k dollars, whereas in the US it’s 48k. So it really isn’t the same.
It makes zero difference. If you live in Brazil, you work for a wage and the price of things is a reflection of the wage in the area.
Just because a tank costs $40 here, does not mean it will cost him $500,000 rupiahs there. Its entirely possible in Indonesia that tank will cost $250,000 rupiahs. Or $20 US.

When I used real in Brazil, I was able to wield alot of spending power. The reals left over that I have now are not worth anything really. To get any benefit from them, I would have to go back to Brazil and spend those dollars there.

Freshfishguy

ForceTen said:
It makes zero difference. If you live in Brazil, you work for a wage and the price of things is a reflection of the wage in the area.
Just because a tank costs $40 here, does not mean it will cost him $500,000 rupiahs there. Its entirely possible in Indonesia that tank will cost $250,000 rupiahs. Or $20 US.

When I used real in Brazil, I was able to wield alot of spending power. The reals left over that I have now are not worth anything really. To get any benefit from them, I would have to go back to Brazil and spend those dollars there.
Yeah I hear what you are saying, that typically things are scaled to the wages in a particular area. But that's not how it works out usually for lots of international goods like electronics for example and apparently fish merchandise, as OP has mentioned that he sees them go for 1 mil rupiahs. That’s why people sometimes buy electronics or other international goods outside of their own countries to get a better price.

IDKwhattodo Like marmaaa said, see if you can get a used tank or if you can get one on sale.

IDKwhattodo

Okay there is no used tank at all. Economics is such a nuisnce but important thing. And also i Don't have a job i'm like 13 y/o

Freshfishguy

IDKwhattodo said:
Okay there is no used tank at all. Economics is such a nuisnce but important thing. And also i Don't have a job i'm like 13 y/o
There are some awesome fish you can keep in your 17 gallon, if the reason why you are asking is because you really want to keep the fish you already have. Also, idk if this is an option but just an idea—you and your dad could build a tank. That would probably be way cheaper and there are lots of “how to” guides out there.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom