Is a 4.8 gallon tank enough for one betta?

bettasXD

My question is as above.

MoshJosh

Yes (unless its a weird shape/weird dimensions). The bigger the tank the better, but a 5 (4.8) gallon will work.

bettasXD

Yes (unless its a weird shape/weird dimensions). The bigger the tank the better, but a 5 (4.8) gallon will work.
Ok thanks

BigManAquatics

I usually prefer mine in bigger(only king bettas now, bigger fish, bigger tank), but yeah, 4.8 gal is definitely acceptable for a betta unless you are the worst of the tank snobs!

EnderKing

just make sure to keep it clean and to plant it fairly heavily. I would also get a short finned as they are healthpier and have longer life span. I know some of you like the long finned and I respect than.

bettasXD

just make sure to keep it clean and to plant it fairly heavily. I would also get a short finned as they are healthpier and have longer life span. I know some of you like the long finned and I respect than.
Mine a a plakat betta. I agree totally with what you have said. Short finned bettas are also WAY more active. :)

FishFiendSP

From my experience with bettas, short finned ones are always more active and less susceptible to disease which is always good. Along with that comes an added bonus - they're less expensive!

Prevail

My question is as above.
As long as you have a heater and filter, yeah! I wouldn't add any other animals though. But plants would be awesome

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Heron
Replies
Views
Constantinos_S
Replies
Views
METROID
  • Question
Replies