Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Megaanemp said:
Hello,

Is 84F too hot for SterbaI Corydoras?
I'm thinking of keeping some with GBRs.

Thanks for the advice!
Yes, that's actually one of a select few species of Cories that can thrive in really hot temperatures! They're kept with Discus all the time, if that says anything. I'd keep them myself in my Discus tank at 84F, but sadly they're illegal in my state.

StarGirl15

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm looking to get some of those to keep with my GBR also.

OP
Megaanemp

Megaanemp

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Lucyn said:
Yes, that's actually one of a select few species of Cories that can thrive in really hot temperatures! They're kept with Discus all the time, if that says anything. I'd keep them myself in my Discus tank at 84F, but sadly they're illegal in my state.
Good to know thanks for the advice!

StarGirl15

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lucyn said:
Why are so many fish illegal in Maine? Ive heard of others too. Just curious as to why?

Lucyn

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Megaanemp said:
Good to know thanks for the advice!
One thing to keep in mind though, they can be hard to find, and when found very expensive!
StarGirl15 said:
Why are so many fish illegal in Maine? Ive heard of others too. Just curious as to why?
Maine is super finicky with Fish laws. They are considered the most strict in the whole United States, just because of ignorance. You can own the animals, you just can't legally sell them. You can't own any invertebrates, which is a huge bummer. You also can't own anything that's newly discovered, Sterbai's were only brought into the hobby about 8 years ago, if I remember correctly. So because it's a new fish and their research is lacking on it, they just make it illegal to own. It's very frustrating for fish stores, you should see the amount of SKU's that are banned at Petco chains, exclusively for Maine. It's hilarious because you can go to New Hampshire, right across the border and everything is legal. Last week I took a trip to get 2 Axolotl's and a Reticulated Hillstrteam Loach, both illegal to sell. They're actually trying to make the Celstial Pearl Danio illegal (something that's been in the hobby for decades), but no other Danio at the moment. Only because it can live in Maine's water in the summer, it's pretty comical lol.

OP
Megaanemp

Megaanemp

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Lucyn said:
One thing to keep in mind though, they can be hard to find, and when found very expensive!

Maine is super finicky with Fish laws. They are considered the most strict in the whole United States, just because of ignorance. You can own the animals, you just can't legally sell them. You can't own any invertebrates, which is a huge bummer. You also can't own anything that's newly discovered, Sterbai's were only brought into the hobby about 8 years ago, if I remember correctly. So because it's a new fish and their research is lacking on it, they just make it illegal to own. It's very frustrating for fish stores, you should see the amount of SKU's that are banned at Petco chains, exclusively for Maine. It's hilarious because you can go to New Hampshire, right across the border and everything is legal. Last week I took a trip to get 2 Axolotl's and a Reticulated Hillstrteam Loach, both illegal to sell. They're actually trying to make the Celstial Pearl Danio illegal (something that's been in the hobby for decades), but no other Danio at the moment. Only because it can live in Maine's water in the summer, it's pretty comical lol.
Wow! Very interesting! But it must be suuuuper frustrating

Lucyn

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Megaanemp said:
Wow! Very interesting! But it must be suuuuper frustrating
For sure, that reason is alone is why I'm going to be moving to New Hampshire! lol

OP
Megaanemp

Megaanemp

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
TommyD11730 said:
I'm hatching eggs at 82. Raising at 84.
YMMV
Thanks for the advice! That’s good to know:)

Caronsd

Reaction score
Lucyn said:
Where in Maine are you?

New Threads