Is 3 corys enough? 60 Gallon Tank

1. josephdurnal Member Member

I orignally bought 5 corys but two died a while back. The 3 seem to be happy. Once I get my tank stable again I will be focusing on small fish and I'm wondering if I should get a few more corys.

Thanks,
    Joe

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

depends on the size of your tank joe and the fish you already have...although cories do best in larger schools, 2 or more do fine as well..some members even have a single one...I Hope things look up soon for you and your fin babies!

3. josephdurnal Member Member

Maybe I'll keep just the 3 corys. They seem very happy as they are. They are often playful, generally eat and rest together too.

J

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

awesome...i had 3 for a long time...and now i have a ton..but they only seem to really be close when its eating time LOL ...the older cories get, they dont mind being off on their own now and then :)

5. Akeath Member Member

I have Panda Cories, and have found that more is definitely better with them. I don't see them around the tank as often if there are 4 or less of them, they hide more. They also tend to hang out with just one buddy if there are fewer of them, when there are more they travel as a large playful group as opposed to a more sedate couple. And they play with each other more if they have a bigger school, are more active, and generally seem happier. So if you can make room for more of them, I definitely recommend that. They are, after all, schooling fish.

6. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

In a 60 gallon, I would do 10-12 corys.

I think 3 would get lost in all that water.

7. clownloachy Initiate Member

corys are alot less shy if you keep them in large groups, and its funner to watch them swim around the tank together scavenging for leftovers when their in a big group. in the wild they travel in schools up to a thousand!

8. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

In your 60 gallon, I think you could easily have 10. :)