Is 2 Liter Tank Good For A Betta Fish

Naveen Kingsley
Mine is a 2 liter Planted Tank where I have a half moon betta. Is that sufficient

Attachments

• IMAG1146.jpg
    IMAG1146.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 147
Aureus
No! This tank is way too small for a Betta. Bettas require a 5 gallon (or roughly 20 liters) tank or more. I'd suggest that you upgrade your tank immediately for the sake of your fish.

Naveen Kingsley
No! This tank is way too small for a Betta. Bettas require a 5 gallon (or roughly 20 liters) tank or more. I'd suggest that you upgrade your tank immediately for the sake of your fish.
So which fish would be compatible with this 2 liter tank and more over the Pet store Employee said that this tank is exclusive for Betta fish..............or should I convert this tank to keep shrimps

Aureus
So which fish would be compatible with this 2 liter tank and more over the Pet store Employee said that this tank is exclusive for Betta fish..............or should I convert this tank to keep shrimps
There aren't any fish that could work in this tank, but you could convert it into a shrimp tank if you wanted to. It is a good looking tank and a few Red Cherry Shrimp would look nice in it. By the way, I wouldn't trust pet store employees, especially with fish care as they're almost always wrong.

Naveen Kingsley
Thank You very much..........really appreciate it

Aureus
Thank You very much..........really appreciate it
No problem! If you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask them! Fishlore is filled with such amazing people who are extremely knowledgeable about fish.

Naveen Kingsley
Thank You

Mary765
Yes please convert it to a shrimp tank. See if you can return the betta or swap the betta for 3-5 rcs.

It is a very pretty tank, but alas it is unsuitable for any fish

dwarfpufferlover
Perfect for red cherry shrimp

Betta Boy 76
Mine is a 2 liter Planted Tank where I have a half moon betta. Is that sufficient
You have a really nice setup. Anyone from the fish community is going to tell you to upgrade to a 5 gallon. Any betta would love the tank you have. They like to hide more than they like to swim long distances - in most personality cases. But feel free to upgrade if that's what your heart tells you.

Mary765
You have a really nice setup. Anyone from the fish community is going to tell you to upgrade to a 5 gallon. Any betta would love the tank you have. They like to hide more than they like to swim long distances - in most personality cases. But feel free to upgrade if that's what your heart tells you.

The realisation will hit one day, It did for all of us

Els Moris
The problem is that Betta fish are known to survive in the wild in tiny pools of water. Which is why people think that it is OK to keep them like that forever. Well...I can survive living in a car but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be much happier in an actual house...! So: your Betta will survive in that two liter tank, but it will be miserable and stressed.

Niki Rose
The problem is that Betta fish are known to survive in the wild in tiny pools of water. Which is why people think that it is OK to keep them like that forever. Well...I can survive living in a car but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be much happier in an actual house...! So: your Betta will survive in that two liter tank, but it will be miserable and stressed.
Those so called tiny pools of water although shallow can stretch for miles, Its just a common misconception about betta's

Els Moris
I live in Belgium, and here it is still permitted to show Betta males in pet-shops in those tiny halfliter boxes where they mostly lie on the ground and look sleeping. Just across the border in Germany those tiny boxes are forbidden, and if you look at those fish in the much bigger tanks there you can see all of their color, but also check their health and even personality: you see how they react to the other fish in their tank, if they swim a lot or just hide,...

Mary765
I don't know if it is not permitted here, but in all the lfs near me in England all the betta fish are in other ~3-5g tanks with other passive fish or shrimp, so it isn't as common for betta to be kept in small tanks here because seeing them in a larger tank naturally makes you realise that they belong in said tank size!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
yuukqo
Replies
Views
Georgie Girl
Top Bottom