Iridovirus in my gourami? Please help!!

• Thread starter SilentBobGourami
  • Start date

SilentBobGourami

I've had my powder blue dwarf gourami, Silent Bob, for little over a month now and he was completely fine until a couple of weeks ago when a small white spot appeared next to his eye. It grew into a small abscess, so I want to my local aquatics centre with a water sample, as instructed and they said the water was balanced, it was probably an injury, so they recommended I use Disease Clear from King British. I've been using it the past week but his abscess got worse, he's slowed down and become bloated. He's not really moving around and not really eating either. I did some research and it said it was probably iridovirus but there's no cure and he'll probably die from it. Is there anything I can do to help him, is there any chance he'll survive it? I hate seeing him like this and I don't know how he got the virus :/ any help is appreciated thank you ❤ (photos from today attached)

Attachments

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Sorry to say but there isn't anyhing you can do than humanely euthanise it.

To me this are indeed indications for this dreadful virus.

SilentBobGourami

He has unfortunately died before I was able to do anything, it was quite upsetting to see but he has been removed from the tank and buried, is there anything I need to do now he's been removed?

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
SilentBobGourami said:
He has unfortunately died before I was able to do anything, it was quite upsetting to see but he has been removed from the tank and buried, is there anything I need to do now he's been removed?
No you don't.

Lucy

Welcome to FishLore!
I'm sorry about your fish :(

DoubleDutch said:
To me this are indeed indications for this dreadful virus.
Beautiful fish. Terrible virus. Hadn't heard much abut it recently or is that just me.
What I mean, is, was there a small reprieve and now it;s rearing it's ugly head again?

Top Bottom