Iridiscent Shark Chasing

SaveThemAll1

Reaction score

Hi, this behavior started this week , the big one is chasing the little one. they live together for almost a year and that's the first time that's happened. its happening a few times a day. Do you know what is this? Is it a game? attack? Mating behavior? thank you

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I've never owned them but they look very nice but I think they belong in a slightly larger tank judging from their size. maybe a 220-330 is in order for them? or larger

OP
S

SaveThemAll1

Reaction score
kallililly1973 said:
I've never owned them but they look very nice but I think they belong in a slightly larger tank judging from their size. maybe a 220-330 is in order for them? or larger
They belong in nature not in tanks these fish can get to 1.5 meters..those are rescued and that's the biggest tank I have for them at the moment. Anyway ill appreciate if you mind the question..

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
SaveThemAll1 said:
They belong in nature not in tanks these fish can get to 1.5 meters..those are rescued and that's the biggest tank I have for them at the moment. Anyway ill appreciate if you mind the question..
Don't take anything you can't properly care for. donate them to an aquarium or LFS that has the room. your welcome

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
To answer your question if they can get to 3-4-5 feet then their behavior is most likely they are cramped and unhappy. ( they can't even barely turn around in the tank their in )

FiscCyning

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In such a small tank they have no room to establish their own territories so there will be fighting over the limited space. I know you don’t want to talk about the tank size, but that is the problem so we can’t ignore it. If you can’t give them a bigger tank, then the kindest thing you can do for them is find someone who can and give them to that person.

OP
S

SaveThemAll1

Reaction score
I will be more then happy to give to to smeone, were rescuing fish and then finding them homes.. that's what we do.. I'm looking for adoption for them.. anyway are you reccomending to separate them? can this be dangerous?

OP
S

SaveThemAll1

Reaction score
kallililly1973 said:
Don't take anything you can't properly care for. donate them to an aquarium or LFS that has the room. your welcome
LFS Are the worst option.. How did they got here? LFS sold them to someone who held them in 80L tank...so now ill take them back to a LFS? They will just do it again..

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You can try a dick's sporting good with a setup or a local aquarium to try and get them a permanent home.
There are a few LFS that do have the room and will not sell the fish once it is in their care.

OP
S

SaveThemAll1

Reaction score
Mcasella said:
You can try a dick's sporting good with a setup or a local aquarium to try and get them a permanent home.
There are a few LFS that do have the room and will not sell the fish once it is in their care.
I'm from israel.. things are most worse here for fish.. Ive tried to contact Aquariums they werent interested

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
SaveThemAll1 said:
I'm from israel.. things are most worse here for fish.. Ive tried to contact Aquariums they werent interested
Can you setup up a small pool for them?

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
SaveThemAll1 said:
But they need tropical temp all year long
Inline heaters, - not an outdoor pond, a small indoor one- or heater tape.

New Threads