Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Iridiscent Shark Chasing

Discussion in 'Catfish' started by SaveThemAll1, Mar 24, 2019.

1. SaveThemAll1Valued MemberMember

Hi, this behavior started this week , the big one is chasing the little one. they live together for almost a year and thats the first time thats happened. its happening a few times a day. Do you know what is this? Is it a game? attack? Mating behavior? thank you

2. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

I've never owned them but they look very nice but i think they belong in a slightly larger tank judging from their size. maybe a 220-330 is in order for them? or larger

3. SaveThemAll1Valued MemberMember

They belong in nature not in tanks these fish can get to 1.5 meters..those are rescued and thats the biggest tank i have for them at the moment. Anyway ill appreciate if you mind the question..

4. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

Don't take anything you can't properly care for. donate them to an aquarium or LFS that has the room. your welcome

5. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

To answer your question if they can get to 3-4-5 feet then their behavior is most likely they are cramped and unhappy. ( they cant even barely turn around in the tank their in )

6. FiscCyningWell Known MemberMember

In such a small tank they have no room to establish their own territories so there will be fighting over the limited space. I know you don’t want to talk about the tank size, but that is the problem so we can’t ignore it. If you can’t give them a bigger tank, then the kindest thing you can do for them is find someone who can and give them to that person.

7. SaveThemAll1Valued MemberMember

I will be more then happy to give to to smeone, were rescuing fish and then finding them homes.. thats what we do.. im looking for adoption for them.. anyway are you reccomending to seperate them? can this be dangerous?

8. SaveThemAll1Valued MemberMember

LFS Are the worst option.. How did they got here? LFS sold them to someone who held them in 80L tank...so now ill take them back to a LFS? They will just do it again..

9. McasellaFishlore VIPMember

You can try a dick's sporting good with a setup or a local aquarium to try and get them a permanent home.
    There are a few LFS that do have the room and will not sell the fish once it is in their care.

10. SaveThemAll1Valued MemberMember

Im from israel.. things are most worse here for fish.. Ive tried to contact Aquariums they werent interested

11. McasellaFishlore VIPMember

Can you setup up a small pool for them?

12. SaveThemAll1Valued MemberMember

But they need tropical temp all year long

13. McasellaFishlore VIPMember

Inline heaters, - not an outdoor pond, a small indoor one- or heater tape.