Iridescent Shark Missing Eye

Croix

Reaction score
Hello, so its 9 pm on August 13th and after moving one of my fish from his previous tank to a new one due to a fight he got into i look to see his rection with other fish. Typically this fish although him being a oscar didnt care about anything typically and this was the same case but i watched as his interacted with old friends and a new one. The new one was a new iridescent shark. Now i know guy the tank isnt big enough but these are all babys in a grow out tank. The shark is 2 inches he lives with a 3 inch green terror and 3 inch black ghost knife. They have been in there for 3 weeks together. Now his eye is missing. It was there at 9am but not now at 9pm. There has never or even right now been aggression with the fish. Im not sure how it came out but borh the fish he lives with despite there reputations are big babies and never come out of their caves. Ive had cameras and never seen them leave( they are alive they move when i move their home) they all eat but have diffrent foods. Gt eat big pellets and iridecent eats small and bgk eats blood worms. All in diffrwnt areas of the tank. I baby these guys. My question is what to do about the eye. Melafix ive herad bad reviews on and its killed a fish or two of mine. Id like to keep that a last resort. What do u guys think i should do. He is eating. Hes swimming around. But i dont really want him to be a casualty. Anything would be helpful guys. Thx.
Tank parameters:
Ammonia: 0-.25
Nitrate: unsure
Nitrate: unsure
Ph :7.5
Temp: 79-81 (depends on time of day)
(The nitrate and nitrite i dont often check as ammonia is typically the bigger killer and i keep that in check more)

Jim2195

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I wouldn’t be sure that the fish lost its eye due to aggression. It could have been though. Or the fish could have been injured somewhere in the aquarium.

Croix

Reaction score
What should i do to keep him alive and healthy. He seems fine right now but ive had goldfish that had this and died within the week. Hes eating and swimming fine. Does circles around the tank. His eye is never away from other fish.

Jim2195

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What should i do to keep him alive and healthy. He seems fine right now but ive had goldfish that had this and died within the week. Hes eating and swimming fine. Does circles around the tank. His eye is never away from other fish.
Is it possible that you could separate him from he other fish into another tank? Also were there anything in the aquarium that may have caused the injury? ( like sharp objects or a really strong filter intake )

Croix

Reaction score
The only thing in the tank is a giant piece of wood and a turtle cave that the green terror likes. The filter intake has a weird end on it that it like a pre filter but it huge compared to the intake pipe. So its not possible for it to be sucked out by the filter.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom