Want To Sell Irian Red Rainbowfish - Price Reduced!

Alex Pasquale

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey everyone! So I am selling some of my Irian Red Rainbowfish fry that are offspring of a Wild Caught Irian trio that I bought about a year ago. They are absolutely stunning! They are a very bright and brilliant fish to add to any aquarium. I have been breeding Rainbowfish for a little over 2 years now, my first species being a hybrid between an Australian Rainbow and an 8-Line Rainbow. These Rainbows that I sell now are pure bred Irian Red’s and offspring of real wild caughts from Irian Jaya.

The fry were spawned on October 30th 2018
Making them almost 17 weeks old. All the fry are eatinf NLS flake food, frozen brine shrimp, and Rapashy Community Plus. They have a great diet and are fed 3 times a day.
They are all about 1” in length right now which isn’t that big but they are better to ship when they are smaller like this. If anyone is interested in purchasing any of them I recommend you keep them away from bigger fish you may have for the time being.

I can also take down pre-orders for the fish as well which is only a $5.00 deposit and the rest of the payment can be worked out when they are a bit bigger.

All payments are done via PayPal Business Account. Everything is properly invoiced and logged so there’s no concern for scamming.

Below is a picture of the trio, these are the wild caught Irian Reds, the parents of the fry. I apologize for the picture in advance, they don’t like to sit still for very long.
2f3d019833d84cab2c1a047edfed0dd7.jpg

b0c3f7bda5c887748dde1713e6a93786.jpg

821d0f4e5181043737bab522192bd770.jpg

Below are current pictures of the fry right now. As you can see they are 100% healthy, no diseases, no parasites, no bacterial infections. When they were spawned I had a 99% hatch rate, and I haven’t lost a single fry in over 3 months. I take very good care of all my fish!
366fa0d5adf81a55ccb9d8c396e03dd7.jpg

852aac64f7b533dca0eac8568d5bea72.jpg

Again I apologize for the pictures, I wish I could post videos on here, it would show a lot better but If anyone would like a video clip of them or the parents, please message me your phone number, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram I’d be happy to send you them!

I do have plenty of videos of the fry on my Instagram which is - UnityAquatics

Pricing: Each Rainbowfish is $10.00 per, If you buy 5 (five) or more they are $8.00

Shipping & Handling: Based on Region

Eastern USA: $10.00
Central USA: $15.00
Western USA: $20.00
If anyone from out of the country is interested, special rates apply so message me for details.

Packaging: All Shipped Priority Mail through USPS. Packed in box with Air Bags & Insulation. All fish are double bagged and sealed tight. Depending on the weather, I ship with heat packs to keep the water temperature warm.

Return Policy: 48 hours after delivery date I will replace all DOA’s. I require picture proof of the DOA, only thing I ask is to pay the shipping for the new fish.

Thank you all for your time, and I hope to talk to some of you soon!

If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask them!

Last edited:

Alex Pasquale

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
How big do these guys get? I'm not currently interested but I may be soon (1-4 months).
They can grow up to 6” or so just like any other Rainbowfish. But I doubt I’ll have any left in that time. Now I can reserve a few for you but I need $5 down per fish first, you’d get a receipt and you just contact me when you’d like to balance up and then I’d ship them. They normally go pretty fast. The first picture of the parents are what they’ll look like. Bright red are the males, the reddish/gold color are the females. Also if you’d like more pics or want to know anything more feel free to contact me anytime.

Last edited by a moderator:

abovo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
How long does it take before the fry can be sexed? Does it take a while for the males to get their color? I’ve been considering adding a mixed school to my 100 gallon tank. I think they’d need to be around 3” or so to not get chased around too much.

Alex Pasquale

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
How long does it take before the fry can be sexed? Does it take a while for the males to get their color? I’ve been considering adding a mixed school to my 100 gallon tank. I think they’d need to be around 3” or so to not get chased around too much.
It depends, see once they’re in a bigger tank they will start to form a lot better. As for sexing them, they would have to be around 3” or so to be able to look at their dorsal fins. I’d say putting them in with other rainbows is fine as long as they are around 2” or so, other rainbows don’t really bother with them, the last time I bred Australians I experimented with that a little and the other bigger rainbows didn’t bother them at all. The nice thing about rainbows is they are a very fast moving fish.

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Please, remember the BST board is not a discussion board, any questions other than directly about buying from the op should be taken to Pm or a thread started on the appropriate board, thanks.

Alex Pasquale

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Please, remember the BST board is not a discussion board, any questions other than directly about buying from the op should be taken to Pm or a thread started on the appropriate board, thanks.
He was only asking questions pertaining to the fish in which I am selling, I don’t mind the questions at all.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom