Irian Red Rainbowfish Minimum Tank Size?

Canaculus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
All hinges on what size my next tank is. What's the minimum size (my next one is gonna be a tall tank)?

Alex Pasquale

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
All hinges on what size my next tank is. What's the minimum size (my next one is gonna be a tall tank)?
It depends on how many you get, they like to be in groups of 3 or more, they are more active that way. Also they like stronger current to swim against, they are very fast moving fish so the longer the tank the better. Although I do keep a few of them I bred myself in a 20 gallon tall tank but my main tank has around 25 rainbows in it, which is a 65 gallon tank. What size is your tank right now ?

Canaculus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
The one I'd get for something like this would probably be in the 20-40 gallon range. Yeah I was thinking 3 anyway.

Alex Pasquale

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The one I'd get for something like this would probably be in the 20-40 gallon range. Yeah I was thinking 3 anyway.
Yeah I’d go with a 40 gallon or so, that way you can always pick up a few more species of rainbows if you want. I’m working on breeding a few different species myself. Also be sure your tank has a cover because they like to jump sometimes.

Alex Pasquale

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ok thanks! Do you know of a cheap 40 gallon?
Well I do know that places like Petco usually have their $1 per gallon sales. Also try looking on LetGo and Craigslist, I see tanks on there all the time. Also sometimes Chewy and other places online have tanks pretty cheap that will normally have free shipping for any orders over $100 - just look around I’m sure you can find a good deal.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom