Irian Red Rainbowfish Minimum Tank Size?

Cheesecake

All hinges on what size my next tank is. What's the minimum size (my next one is gonna be a tall tank)?

Alex Pasquale

Canaculus said:
All hinges on what size my next tank is. What's the minimum size (my next one is gonna be a tall tank)?
It depends on how many you get, they like to be in groups of 3 or more, they are more active that way. Also they like stronger current to swim against, they are very fast moving fish so the longer the tank the better. Although I do keep a few of them I bred myself in a 20 gallon tall tank but my main tank has around 25 rainbows in it, which is a 65 gallon tank. What size is your tank right now ?

Cheesecake

The one I'd get for something like this would probably be in the 20-40 gallon range. Yeah I was thinking 3 anyway.

Alex Pasquale

Canaculus said:
The one I'd get for something like this would probably be in the 20-40 gallon range. Yeah I was thinking 3 anyway.
Yeah I’d go with a 40 gallon or so, that way you can always pick up a few more species of rainbows if you want. I’m working on breeding a few different species myself. Also be sure your tank has a cover because they like to jump sometimes.

Cheesecake

Ok thanks! Do you know of a cheap 40 gallon?

Alex Pasquale

Canaculus said:
Ok thanks! Do you know of a cheap 40 gallon?
Well I do know that places like Petco usually have their $1 per gallon sales. Also try looking on LetGo and Craigslist, I see tanks on there all the time. Also sometimes Chewy and other places online have tanks pretty cheap that will normally have free shipping for any orders over $100 - just look around I’m sure you can find a good deal.

Cheesecake

Ok! I'll PM you when (if) I get a tank!

Alex Pasquale

Canaculus said:
Ok! I'll PM you when (if) I get a tank!
Okay just let me know, good luck!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom