Invertebrates That Can Go With Gold Fish?

Orange Oreo
So I was wondering if there was any invertebrates that could go with Goldfish because I know they eat like everything so I am curious if there is any that can't fit into their mouth. If there isn't any that can live with them then just let me know please.
If you need to know my temperature and PH, please let me know also. I have three Goldfish, a very large one and two small ones. Thank you!

-Orange Oreo

OneLittleBubble
Nerite snails will work if that's the type you are looking for. Otherwise, they will eat them like shrimps. Can I have tank size and what type they are?

goldface
Leopard Crabs maybe. They’re large enough not to get eaten. They’re also fully aquatic.

Rtessy
Mine is fine with amano shrimp, but she's also stunted at 5". That being said, she's not a fancy, so she's pretty fast. Mystery snails can work, but their antennae may be bitten off, but they grow back.

OneLittleBubble
Yeah, mysteries are great

Orange Oreo
What would you feed a leopard crab?

goldface
What would you feed a leopard crab?
Oops. They’re actually called Panther Crabs or Parathelphusa pantherina. Not entirely sure what they eat, so I suggest you do your own research.

Orange Oreo
Oh okay, thank you! Wait are sure they can live in Goldfish conditions?

goldface
Oh okay, thank you! Wait are sure they can live in Goldfish conditions?
My LFS keeps them in the same tank with Fancies in their goldfish room, which is why I brought them up. The room is separate from their tropical area, which is heated. They seem to coexist fine, but you should do your own research.

I did do some research myself a while back. Some people keep them fine with goldfish.

Orange Oreo
Okay thank you very much! I will.

Discus-Tang
How big is the tank? Has it cycled?

Orange Oreo
Why? Is there something wrong?

Buganjimo
Why? Is there something wrong?

Not necessarily, but it’s easier to suggest inverts when we know these details.

Orange Oreo
I have a 125 gallon tank and yes it’s cycled. It’s been up for about a little over a year and I wouldn’t have put fish in it if it wasn’t cycled.

75g Discus Tank
I would try my luck with ramshorn snails. If you have an aquascape with lots of tiny gaps and holes for hiding, ramshorns can grow huge. I have a couple in my 125 goldfish tank the size of a quarter and a quarter inch thick.

Rtessy
I have ramshorns with mine, it's a pretty good compromise because my goldfish eats most of the babies so I don't get overrun, but still a few survive to adulthood here and there.... I started off with four adults and three months later there are only six adults, so a very slow population increase

Orange Oreo
Good to know, thank you.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BananaBean
Top Bottom