Invert obsession

1. fengshui Member Member

If any of you shop for inverts or plants, you should know that invert obsession sells a majority of the results. They seem to have good results but would buying marimo moss balls from them x5 in 2"-3" diameter for $20 with shipping be worth it? Has anyone ever ordered from them?

2. skar Member Member

I buy local. . so idk

3. echi1 Well Known Member Member

Hi,
    I got mine from petco for eight dollars. You will have to wash it a lot using dechlorinated water, just squeeze and rinse. Some might sell you a type of moss that is just stuck onto a round shape to make it look like a real marimo. To tell it it's real and to make more just split it in half. If it's like a ball shaped clump of moss it's real if not it's fake. They take a long time to grow, but pick the biggest and split it up until you reach the minimal size you want one and you'll have plenty. Hopes this helps!

4. Captain Unusual Member Member

It's fairly easy to tell without slicing them apart. A Marimo will easily squish, and has kind of a similar feel and yield to a ball of wet paper towels. It also won't float, unless you squeeze all the water out of it.