Introduction

Bettaholic

Member
Hello! New aquarium owner with a 36 bowfront. I currently have 1 betta and 4 very tiny cory cats and I am hoping to have a small community tank. Looking forward to all the info
 

betta06

Member
welcome to fishlore! got any pictures? we would love to see them!
 
  • Thread Starter

Bettaholic

Member
They're not really great but I hope you like them
 

betta06

Member
Bettaholic said:
They're not really great but I hope you like them
aww they are so cute!
 

fallfever

Member
Welcome! I really wish I'd thought of Pip and Squeak.
 

StinkyLoaf

Member
Welcome to the forum! :happy:
Bettaholic said:
They're not really great but I hope you like them
Thai Phoon looks very healthy and vibrant! Pip and Squeak are adorable; C. Paleatus is probably my favourite species of cory cat.
 
  • Thread Starter

Bettaholic

Member
betta06 said:
aww they are so cute!
Thank you! I looked at and tested (well tried to anyway) quite a few bettas to find this one.
StinkyLoaf said:
Welcome to the forum! :happy:

Thai Phoon looks very healthy and vibrant! Pip and Squeak are adorable; C. Paleatus is probably my favourite species of cory cat.
Thank you! Looking forward to learning from all of you
fallfever said:
Welcome! I really wish I'd thought of Pip and Squeak.
Thank you! They appear to be best buddies as they are always together ❤
 

StinkyLoaf

Member
C. Paleatus are quite small fish. I have one that’s a few inches in length but he’s been with me for years and is old. My smaller two are around an inch in length. Four is a good number but you can certainly fit more in a 36 gallon long aquarium. Cories prefer a group of six or more as do most sociable fish.

I might have to get some more of my own ya know! Cories will socialise with others of the same species. I also have three C. Sterbais and, in another tank, three C. Splendens that eat like pigs.
 
  • Thread Starter

Bettaholic

Member
StinkyLoaf said:
C. Paleatus are quite small fish. I have one that’s a few inches in length but he’s been with me for years and is old. My smaller two are around an inch in length. Four is a good number but you can certainly fit more in a 36 gallon long aquarium. Cories prefer a group of six or more as do most sociable fish.

I might have to get some more of my own ya know! Cories will socialise with others of the same species. I also have three C. Sterbais and, in another tank, three C. Splendens that eat like pigs.
I will get 2 more then. The same kind right? I am eventually adding rasboras or ember tetras. I was going to do 6 rasboras or 8 embers? I would rather underload than overload my tank. I worked too hard to let anything happen to my finances, lol!
 

StinkyLoaf

Member
Bettaholic said:
I will get 2 more then. The same kind right? I am eventually adding rasboras or ember tetras. I was going to do 6 rasboras or 8 embers? I would rather underload than overload my tank. I worked too hard to let anything happen to my finances, lol!
Your plan sounds fine to me. Yep, the same kind.

I would go for eight of the rasboras or tetras rather than six in case you lose some. Remember that these must be of the same species to one another too. I like harlequin rasboras but there are so many options to choose from.
 
  • Thread Starter

Bettaholic

Member
StinkyLoaf said:
Your plan sounds fine to me. Yep, the same kind.

I would go for eight of the rasboras or tetras rather than six in case you lose some. Remember that these must be of the same species to one another too. I like harlequin rasboras but there are so many options to choose from.
8 it is then. I like the harlequins too.
 

GuppyOverlord11

Member
Very unique names. I like them. Welcome to the forum!
 
  • Thread Starter

Bettaholic

Member
GuppyOverlord11 said:
Very unique names. I like them. Welcome to the forum!
Thank you. GuppyOverlord11!
 

GuppyGal7

Member
Your brat... Ugh, I mean, Betta fish is stunning! Welcome to Fishlore!!
 

Cory04

Member
Welcome!
 

Batmantheanglefish

Member
Hello and welcome. The betta looks awesome and the Cory cats are adorable ☺ .
 
  • Thread Starter

Bettaholic

Member
Batmantheanglefish said:
Hello and welcome. The betta looks awesome and the Cory cats are adorable ☺ .
Thank you. I have 2 more corys Beany and Cecil but they're a bit camera shy, lol.
 

Batmantheanglefish

Member
My corys always hide when I try and take a picture . The angels on the other hand photobomb all the pics!
 
  • Thread Starter

Bettaholic

Member
Batmantheanglefish said:
My corys always hide when I try and take a picture . The angels on the other hand photobomb all the pics!
Love to watch angels swim. They're so majestic
 

Latest threads

Top Bottom