Introduction to our Bettas. Oh yea - and us too. ;)

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello everyone,
My name is Dave, my wife is Stacy and we have found ourselves happy victims of what has been diagnosed as the Betta Bug and MTS. For Christmas, Dave bought Stacy a male Betta named Super Mario who picked her out when we went to Petco. Now we have 3 Betta tanks and 2 Platy tanks. This is a great forum and we look forward to learning and helping others learn when we can. Beloved Mario was lost to us 3/8 after beating fin rot but succumbing to a very sudden dropsy. :'(

We're proud Betta parents and want to introduce our 'kids' to everyone:
Aslan is our 2nd Betta and Stacy's Valentines Day present. He's a blue,red & purple VT.
Sora is our 3rd Betta who won Dave over with his blue eyes and the sad condition his cup was in. He's a peach VT & joined the family 2/27.
Angel is our 4th Betta. She picked Dave out & demanded to be taken home. She's a white DR & joined the family 3/5.

We also have 4 Platys, 21 Platy fry (with more on the way) and 6 Julii Corys.

I'm attaching photos of our Bettas, including Mario. Nice to meet you all ,
Stacy & Dave

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Dave and Stacy. Every single one of your bettas is either gorgeous or handsome.

Also, a big welcome to Aslan, Sora and Angel. My 4 bettas, Barney, Benji, Belle and Bambi are waving their fins in welcome.

CherryRose

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
A warm WELCOME to both of you Your Bettas are LOVELY and we're happy to have all of you with us

lisa987

Valued Member
Reaction score
Every single one of your bettas is either gorgeous or handsome.
Ha ha. I agree, but I just thought this comment was so cute!

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome Dave Stacy, Aslan, Sora, and Angel! They are very beautiful/handsome. Natalie

emilai333

Valued Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from me, and all my fish, particularly Indra, Notus, aosul, Ace, Duece, and Trey.

shollia

Valued Member
Reaction score
Woot! All of your bettas are so great! As I said before in my own thread.. I just love that pic of your little Sora carrying around that pea!

My bettas Afia, Raj, & Caine are waving their fins madly saying hello as well!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks everyone, we appreciate the welcome. It's great being Betta parents and can't get enough of the little ones. We're looking forward to getting to know new friends here who are as infected as us with the Betta Bug. ;D

Dave, Stacy, Angel, Aslan, Sora & their fish buddies.

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Those are nice looking tanks and nice looking fish in them. I always like seeing a betta in a big tank--they are always so interested in their surroundings in ways that they never are in little bowls or containers.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
poefox said:
Those are nice looking tanks and nice looking fish in them. I always like seeing a betta in a big tank--they are always so interested in their surroundings in ways that they never are in little bowls or containers.
Thanks.. we've gone to flat marbles that match each betta's color now.. it's a little more work as far as cleaning goes than gravel but looks so good under the lights. We now have only live plants in the betta tanks along with one of those big brown rock formations in Mario's pic and the little gray wind rock in Angel's pic along with a 3rd piece of decor that fits the Betta's personality. We'd like to put up that aquarium background paper they sell, but when we bought some it just made our little Betta's flare like crazy.
What plants/decor do you keep in your tank?

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a grecian ruin in one corner and a sword plant as well as a larger plant with small round leaves whose name escapes me at the moment. There is also a small frilly plant that the fish more or less ignore but the snail is occasionally seen munching stuff on. I have multicolored gravel as substrate with some big round opal and clear plastic rocks that I got ages ago when I had one of those 'betta coves" before I switched to tanks. Rusty used to 'claim' the area where the most plastic rocks were and would drive the other fish away from them. Heaven knows why.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
poefox said:
I have a grecian ruin in one corner and a sword plant as well as a larger plant with small round leaves whose name escapes me at the moment. There is also a small frilly plant that the fish more or less ignore but the snail is occasionally seen munching stuff on. I have multicolored gravel as substrate with some big round opal and clear plastic rocks that I got ages ago when I had one of those 'betta coves" before I switched to tanks. Rusty used to 'claim' the area where the most plastic rocks were and would drive the other fish away from them. Heaven knows why.
LOL.. I love how they get all territorial.. I like the tank design you have.. the next non-Betta (some Grecian ruin decor that we want would for sure snag Betta fins) tank that we have probably will have that for a theme. We're thinking of those real-gold colored shiny barbs.. but might be a while until we find space for another tank. Do you have a pic of your tank over in the tank pics forum?

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey, I found a white HM male for you on ebay. He's not a platinum white, but he is a beauty. What do you think? Natalie

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
WOW! He is absolutely, positively elegant!

CherryRose

Asinity

Valued Member
Reaction score
Little late, but better late than never... welcome to Fishlore.

Stunning bettas, absolutely stunning.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
nmwierman1977 said:
Hey, I found a white HM male for you on ebay. He's not a platinum white, but he is a beauty. What do you think? Natalie
Natalie! How could you?! > .. just kidding.. I really appreciate you finding that link for me and I have bookmarked it so that I can watch auctions by this seller. I would most definitely buy that handsome guy for our little Angel but we leave on a 2-week trip in 2 weeks so the timing won't allow us to bid on him. :'( We both LOVE him - what a Betta! I can see why this guy is a top show breeder looking at all of the Bettas he has up for auction now.. I like that he even has a transhipper in miami, which works for us.
Thanks for looking out for us and probably finding Angel a hot-stuff male in the near future.

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
No problem. Anytime. Natalie

LZ Floyd

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'm a little late jumping in on the thread, but wanted to welcome you, Dave, Stacy, Aslan, Sora, and Angel to the forum.  It's a great place to get suggestions, info, and support.

Mike

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom