Introducing... MARMADUKE!

Miss Mouse

Well Known
Reaction score
hey guys! I finally came across a better betta (heehee couldn't help myself). I was wondering through the pet shop to buy some dog food and thought I would just have a quick glance at what they have. They very rarely have bettas in so I didn;t expect to see one but there he was.. like an angel! He's really striking and rather odd looking.. mainly white with a few redy pinky scales on his back and mottled grey/blue on his top fins and very very black eyes and gills! I will get some pics when he's settled in. The other fab thing is that so far (touch wood) he's getting along very well in my community tank! The platys ignore him, the glass fish get on with their own business and the plec is always hiding anyway. Otto the otocinclus is the only one who has pestered him and he didn't seem to mind at all : happy Happy Happy!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
JOY JOY JOY (couldn't resist). He sounds very nice, mine have always done well in community tanks except with other fish with flowey fine. Enjoy!!
Carol

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh welcome Marmaduke! You sound beautiful and your mommy will get us some pictures and we will see you soon. I do believe the little guys never cease to amaze me. He really sounds like a keeper.

Rose

Marc

Well Known
Reaction score
Glad to see you've gotten a Betta! They really deserve a great home and I'm glad to say that this little guy has found a great one! Good luck - I hope he settles right in!

inari

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Good luck with your betta welcome little one and just be sure not to over feed him like i'm sure many of us did (IE my dumb butt) anyway good luck and I hope he does well with u

poefox

Well Known
Reaction score
I hope you enjoy your new fellow. Otos and corys are both species that are too friendly to realize when they are being irritating, it seems, since a betta can chase them three times a day and you'll see the catfish the next day swimming abruptly right in front of the betta's face. It's all harmless fun.

OP
M

Miss Mouse

Well Known
Reaction score
Here's the little guy... not a very clear pic but should get some better ones soon...
16.jpg

OP
M

Miss Mouse

Well Known
Reaction score
Oh I think our personalities match very well...  my mum commented on the fact that he is the colours that I always choose to wear and then my boyfriend said he looks as feisty as I do.. maybe I should explain...

I'm quite short and rather stubborn and fiesty and my boyfriend is very tall and just SOO placid and relaxed and he says I have "short persons syndrome" meaning that because I'm short I have to be fiesty and a bit loud to make myself seen  :  And since Marmaduke is rather "in your face" we are obviously quite similar. He swims up and down flashing his fins and flaring at his reflection and when you go up to the side he's really nosey and showey off-y... bit like me I guess  :-[ heehee

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh Marmaduke I have always loved Bettas of your color. You are a Gorgeous little man.

Seriously, he is a very lovely Betta and looks very full of himself. Congratulations. I hope he is feisty, they are the most fun.

Rose

inari

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
and when they are fiesty they are a pain in the butt when they get sick lol

gammerus

Well Known
Reaction score
I love the chance to witness such unique and cute bettas. He is deffinetly a keeper

OP
M

Miss Mouse

Well Known
Reaction score
Thank you all for the very kind comments ;D He's doing really well and proved to be a rea character. He's really tame and will quite happily swim around my fingers and glares at me through the glass when I press my nose against it at him I also bought some new polkadot botias the other day and he ignores them and gets on with his own little game of pestering the otocinclus (who gives as good as he gets!)

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Marmaduke sounds like a character. I love the fact that the otocinclus is a spunky little critter. Mine have the tendency to be a little bit "chicken hearted".

Rose

OP
M

Miss Mouse

Well Known
Reaction score
haha Oto used to be such a wimp but now he's in the bigger tank he's grown in body and spirit! I'm going to search for a friend for him tomorrow because I think they're fabulous little fishies

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I agree completely. I have 3 in one of my Betta tanks and 2 in another and I love them. They are so sweet and never cause a problem. But they are so pudgy, I really should stop stuffing them : .

Rose

inari

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
how do u feed otos and a betta I mean InarI is a greedy little snot so anything that enters his tank (especially my hand and fingers) is considered food to him?!! :S

New Threads