Introducing Kuhli Loaches To Betta Tank

CheshireKat

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Usually it's best to introduce the betta after the other fish so the betta hasn't claimed any territory, etc. and attacks the other fish.

jdhef

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would add the loaches first, then the betta.

PirateKingJoe

Reaction score
It shouldn’t matter, as bettas won’t really bother them. As a general rule though, always add bettas to a tank last

candiedragon

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I agree with what everyone has said. I would also like to add on that my bettas never seemed to bother most of my bottom dwelling fish. Starlord (my betta) doesn't even bother with the kuhlis and corys.

aussieJJDude

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Agree with everyone's comments. The kuhlies would appreciate settling in first, but if you already have the betta, it shouldn't be an issue the other way around.

The only thing I would suggest is to pretty much consider doubling the size of the kuhlI school.

jdhef

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
candiedragon said:
I agree with what everyone has said. I would also like to add on that my bettas never seemed to bother most of my bottom dwelling fish. Starlord (my betta) doesn't even bother with the kuhlis and corys.
If does kinda depend on the betta. I had a betta that I tried putting into a tank with cories, and suddenly all of my cories lost their tails. But I would think that loaches will be okay.

candiedragon

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
jdhef said:
If does kinda depend on the betta. I had a betta that I tried putting into a tank with cories, and suddenly all of my cories lost their tails. But I would think that loaches will be okay.
I completely agree, there is always that possibility since bettas can have unique personalities. It's like random traits in sims LOL

jdhef

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes and I was really surprised that my betta was going after the Cory's because he seemed so calm when he was in a tank by himself

New Threads