Introducing Kasem. My new green dragon crowntail male Betta

Junne

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Introducing Kasem, เกษม

His name is Thai, pronounced, KAHsaam - Means HAPPINESS
He is a green dragon 'super' halfmoon. He is 1/4 giant and 3/4 halfmoon. He's about 2.5 months old

These pictures are not very good ( he's shy ) and his true colors are not shown. He has an irredescence of Blue/purple and has teal and green body with white tips on his fins/tail.

He arrived today after being acclimated and sent by Rogue ( Thank you Rogue ) and was born in Thailand.

DSC_0308.jpg

20121123_145547.jpg

Junne

Last edited:

llfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Awww what a beauty! I have been searching and searching for a green one with no luck! Congrats))

Junne

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thank you! I hope to get some better pics when he has settled in...... These pictures really don't do justice on how beautiful he is!!!

Tonia

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
He is very handsome!!! Congrats on this nice looking young boy!

soltarianknight

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Very nice green iridescence on that one. But uh, not a crowntail...not even comb? what gives. I mean, he is gorgeous bottom line. I dont even need to get into how uncommon that color is. Really really uncommon. I love him.

RogueAgent94

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Glad he made it safely! He is actually a 'super' halfmoon. He is 1/4 giant and 3/4 halfmoon. I bred his grand-sire.

SK : I'm sure I could find one for you....... :whistling:

SugarJunkee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Eeek! This is dangerous, I'm becoming a bettaholic! They're such great fish, but I only have so much room for 5 gallon tanks! He's just gorgeous, might I add.

soltarianknight

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Oh please. They arn't some genetic anomaly or trait, anyone can create them from any line so long as they get the branching and webbing right. People need to stop claiming natural occurrences as theirs. There is a difference between creating the web reduction trait and breeding a fish to have a wider tail spread. I give kudos for the Effort put into the Iridescence. There are no true greens in bettas, the iridescence is the best thing we got, and that is the best of the best right there.

Junne

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Glad he made it safely! He is actually a 'super' halfmoon. He is 1/4 giant and 3/4 halfmoon. I bred his grand-sire.

SK : I'm sure I could find one for you....... :whistling:

ooops, MY BAD!!! Thanks Rogue

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
What can I say apart from what a beautiful boy I am so happy he arrived safely and that he is settling in his new home

Junne

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thank you! He is very personable and has come to the front of the glass several times and "flared" at me! lol - first time I have had a betta flare at me... But as soon as I dropped some food in, he came back without a flare....

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Lol you have a little monkey fish there I can feel it the monkeys are so much fun hopefully he won't be quite as flary as Mordin though he is just rude sometimes when we have visitors hee hee and bit my brother but serves him right for sticking his finger in his tank I nearly fell over laughing

Has he eaten well is he on pellets? Has he done anything to the mts or not bothered with them?

Junne

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I've given him some homemade fish flakes courtesy of Rogue and I gave him a nls pellet this morning! He was starving!!! LOL
He had no trouble eating them and has not even noticed the mts yet.... I think the mts "know" to be on their best behavior since I am shipping some out on Monday and hope to get my assassin on Wednesday.

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Lol bettas are little piggy fish

I'm so happy he has eaten that's a sure fire sign that he is settled
I bet his flare is beautiful you take amazing photos of your fish so I am really looking forward to seeing more when he is fully settled in.

Have you managed to make a dent in the population with the ones you are shipping out?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom