Introducing Fleury and Stanley!

1. PetLover418 Well Known Member Member

I got 2 new Otocinclus today from PetSmart. The lady wouldn't let me get any more :| they're currently in a 3.5 Quarantine tank for the next week with my nerite, Batman, and mystery snail, Thor. They were acclimated for an hour before they went in. They were named because of the Penguins hockey team. Fleury (Penns player) and Stanley (cup). Pictures to follow.

2. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

I at least didn't need the hockey reference pointed out to me;)

Why wouldn't the salesperson let you buy more than two though???

3. PetLover418 Well Known Member Member

:) I have a 20 high and she claims 3 Otto are enough. :| I appreciate her efforts, but I know what I'm doing. I might go back tomorrow and get more :;smack

4. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

It's nice of a pet store employee to try to not overstock a tank for a change, but I know what you mean:)

5. PetLover418 Well Known Member Member

[​IMG]
    One is near the filter on the left, and the other is to the immediate left of the heater.

6. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Will it hurt your feelings if I admit I couldn't see them?:(

7. PetLover418 Well Known Member Member

No. :) if you click on it, then click on the picture again on the redirected link, you'll see a zoomed in picture of them :)

8. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

I did:( I think I see the one by the filter, but I'm not sure.

9. PetLover418 Well Known Member Member

yeah. they're small little guys :) my one likes my nerite and tried to sleep on him. now they're both in the corner. hopefully still alive! :(

10. PetLover418 Well Known Member Member

Ok! They went in the big 20g tank today, along with their plant and snail friends! They seem to br enjoying themselves and Stanley has already started sucking on the glass.Now my 3.5g is empty :( any recommendations? My current plan is to quarantine new fish for a larger tank in the future

11. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

12. PetLover418 Well Known Member Member

Maybe... I would like a fish in there...

13. BellatheBetta Member Member

3.5 would be sutiable for a betta if you kept up with the water changes IMO.

14. PetLover418 Well Known Member Member

Yay! I heard about multis- cichlid fish. Is this suitable?

15. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

What are those?

16. PetLover418 Well Known Member Member

17. PetLover418 Well Known Member Member

18. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

I wouldn't trust Wikipedia as a fish care guide. Seriously Fish recommends a tank with a footprint of at least 18" x 12" and 10 gallons in volume for a single pair.
    LeoDiaz

19. LeoDiaz Fishlore VIP Member

I wouldn't put them in 3.5g is too small 10g is the bare minimum

20. PetLover418 Well Known Member Member

Ok. So a beta or other small fish