Introducing Fish Babies To Parents Again

lexira10

Reaction score
So I was wondering if introducing my angel fish babies back to the parents would be ok to do so? Especially now that the babies can eat flakes. I mean they're about the size of a quarter, maybe like a tiny bit less but you get the gist. Or would they just be eaten up?

yukondog

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Welcome to the sight lexira10. At that size to them they are just another fish that they are in competition with I would think, my fry are only 2 weeks old but I have bred other cichlids and if they breed again they may be seen as a threat. Biz's could help you on that. @bizaliz3

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
ya. As stated. If they have been apart for that long, the parents have no idea those are their kids. And also as stated, if the parents are still actively spawning on a regular basis, it could pose a problem for their safety. How many juvies (I wouldn't call them babies if they are almost quarter sized) are we talking about putting back in there? How big is the tank?
How old are the juvies?

Kristin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Following. I have the same question. I am trying to artificially hatch a spawn, but have nothing to grown them out in so will want them to go back with the parents after a bit.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom