Introducing Bo and Piper

Discussion in 'Dogs' started by CHoffman, Mar 21, 2010.

1. CHoffman

CHoffman Fishlore VIP Member

We finally got our dogs back..
    Our dogs Bo (11 years old) Piper (7 years old) have been staying with my mother for the last 4 years. She has a very old dog (17 years) Shar-Pei named Emmy. 4 years ago Emmy got worse and was very lonely all day while my mother was at work and just getting depressed. Emmy was good friends with Bo and Piper so my mother asked if Bo and Piper could come live her to keep Emmy company. We live a block down and are over there every day so it was really no big deal..lol. :;laughing Not much of a move really. At the time we didn't have a fence and she did so it seemed like the right thing to do for everyone involved. Emmy has hung in there and has been slowly getting worse and worse. My mom thinks the only thing that kept her alive was Bo and Piper and the companionship they had. Well Emmy recently has had surgery to remove all her teeth and a massive tumor from her breast that was indeed cancer. It slowed things down but the tumor is fast growing and Emmy really doesn't have long. She is very blind and very deaf. But still played and ran around with Piper and Bo and my mom still feels her quality of life is good enough to not put her to sleep. although I think the time is quickly coming and it will be heart breaking for our entire family. Emmy has been a member or our family for 17 years now. I grew up with emmy!! We built a HUGE fence and moved Piper and Bo back in with us they have a doggy door and come in and out as they please. Emmy is at home with my mom relaxing and hopefully enjoying some peace. We will be taking Piper and Bo over for many visits. So it's nice to have our pups back. We got them both when they were 12 wks old so they have grown up with us and it's SOOO nice to have them back in our home. Soo finally here are the pics. They both have their "spring" hair cuts. IN the winter they are both fluff balls..lol. Especially Bo who is the Pom. Piper is a mix of corgi and schnauzer.

Attached Files:

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Cute dogs! Love the spring do :)
    Carol

3. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

awwwww great story cesch!!!!!! much appreciation for bo and piper! im sure their last 4 years have been magical with emmy too! they are just adorable!

4. OP
    OP
    CHoffman

Thanks guys. I'll have to get a pic of Emmy. She's such a good dog with a huge heart! When we bought her from a pet store a LONG time ago when there wasn't really rules and good laws in place for pets here in kansas the pet store lady had monkeys as in chimps and all kinds of crazy pets she shouldn't have had but emmy was in a baby pool with her siblings and a baby capuchin monkey was always riding on her back. SOOO stinking cute. that seems like FOREVER ago.

5. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

You have some very special dogs there, Cesch! That's a heartwarming story and I'm glad they're back home with you.

We'll be keeping Emmy in our thoughts.

6. OP
    OP
    CHoffman

Thanks BB. They are very special! They are really good dogs. I had them very trained when they moved in with mom. They are still pretty good but we need to work on the barking when we have company and the "stay". Sit, laydown, shake, rollover are all still good but the "stay", "down" and the barking need a little work. Shouldn't take long though since I'm hear all day and it's a busy house so people are always coming to visit. Good practice.

7. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I understand. Sounds like grandma spoiled them a bit. :)

8. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

omg! its Pom! <333 too cute! glad u have them back =) good luck with re-trainng. its always esier the second time around >.<

9. c

click Well Known Member Member

They are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the pics and their story.

10. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

I'm sorry to hear about Emmy. Man, it really stinks when our pets reach that age.
    I'm sure Emmy will enjoy her visits with her pals.
    I bet you're glad to have your pups back. They're very cute!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice