Introducing Aries

Algonquin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
He's lovely - his colouring is so even! nice. How about a pic of the tank? The Fluval Chi is an awesome looking tank!

Algonquin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years

Gena Puckett

Reaction score
I have 3 but have a hard time keeping them green with the warmth of the tanks. They are in cold water in their own container now greening again. Any suggestions on how to prevent them from browning?

Algonquin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I believe too much direct light can cause browning. Does your tank get a lot of light?
Do you turn them once a week? If not, the side that it's always sitting on can start to brown.
The cooler water may help a bit, but going back and forth from your warm betta tank to cold water can also shock it, which will likely make the problem worse.

Gena Puckett

Reaction score
The tank that the moss balls were in doesn’t really get much less light other than the tank light. It has artificial decor. I will try slowly warming the water in the container of the moss balls and then try adding one to Aries tank.

lilabug4545

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Looks so much like my boy! My Ares passed away about a year ago now, and he's one who got me into this whole fishkeeping business.

Gena Puckett

Reaction score
I am sorry for the loss of your Ares. He was beautiful!

WanhiBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
What a gorgeous fish! Did you find him at a LFS or online?

Aries seems to be a popular name these days have to say, it's a really pretty name... here the "Aries" I gave to my boyfriend for valentines day CanadianJoeh
IMG_0940.PNG

Gena Puckett

Reaction score
Your Aries is beautiful as well! I got him from Betta Town USA. I live close enough to them to drive down and pick up the fish. I also got my Samson from them. I have been very pleased with the health and condition of both fish I have gotten from them. Sanson’s picture.

Samson

Attachments

aBettaNamedRoy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Gena Puckett Ares and Samson are both very beautiful fish, they seem really healthy. Nice tank!

Gena Puckett

Reaction score
Thank you!

So I put the moss balls back in the tanks. One in Aries’s tank, one in Samson’s and one in the tetra tank. We will see if the fish notice and whether the moss balls stay green.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom