Introducing Aries

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Gena Puckett, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Gena Puckett

Gena PuckettNew MemberMember

Introducing my new Plakat betta Aries. He is settling in nicely to his Fluval Chi.

Attached Files:

2. Algonquin

AlgonquinWell Known MemberMember

He's lovely - his colouring is so even! nice. How about a pic of the tank? The Fluval Chi is an awesome looking tank!

3. OP
    OP
    Gena Puckett

Aries in his Fluval Chi tank.

Don’t have a great picture but here’s another one.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2018
  4. Algonquin

5. OP
    OP
    Gena Puckett

I have 3 but have a hard time keeping them green with the warmth of the tanks. They are in cold water in their own container now greening again. Any suggestions on how to prevent them from browning?

6. Algonquin

I believe too much direct light can cause browning. Does your tank get a lot of light?
    Do you turn them once a week? If not, the side that it's always sitting on can start to brown.
    The cooler water may help a bit, but going back and forth from your warm betta tank to cold water can also shock it, which will likely make the problem worse.

7. OP
    OP
    Gena Puckett

The tank that the moss balls were in doesn’t really get much less light other than the tank light. It has artificial decor. I will try slowly warming the water in the container of the moss balls and then try adding one to Aries tank.

8. lilabug4545

lilabug4545Well Known MemberMember

Looks so much like my boy! My Ares passed away about a year ago now, and he's one who got me into this whole fishkeeping business.

9. OP
    OP
    Gena Puckett

I am sorry for the loss of your Ares. He was beautiful!

10. WanhiBetta

WanhiBettaValued MemberMember

What a gorgeous fish! Did you find him at a LFS or online?

Aries seems to be a popular name these days :p have to say, it's a really pretty name... here the "Aries" I gave to my boyfriend for valentines day :p @CanadianJoeh
    IMG_0940.PNG

11. OP
    OP
    Gena Puckett

Your Aries is beautiful as well! I got him from Betta Town USA. I live close enough to them to drive down and pick up the fish. I also got my Samson from them. I have been very pleased with the health and condition of both fish I have gotten from them. Sanson’s picture.

Samson

Attached Files:

12. aBettaNamedRoy

aBettaNamedRoyValued MemberMember

@Gena Puckett Ares and Samson are both very beautiful fish, they seem really healthy. Nice tank!

13. OP
    OP
    Gena Puckett

Thank you!

So I put the moss balls back in the tanks. One in Aries’s tank, one in Samson’s and one in the tetra tank. We will see if the fish notice and whether the moss balls stay green.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice