Interpet Cf2 Internal Filter Review

pagoda

Product/Service: Interpet CF2 Internal

Description: I have three aquariums - 2 x 20 gallon long and 1 x 15 gallon hex. The filtration that came with them as standard equipment was OK but lacked the power to really deliver crystal clear water on a continuous basis.

I decided to upgrade to the CF2 after speaking to my supplier and they are the best thing I have ever bought. I had considered external filtration but with limited space and budget went for the CF2 instead.

The first thing that you notice about the filter is the clear flap lid....no more getting wet hands when changing your media. Just open the lid, pull the old media out and replace, very simple, no mess.

The filter has ceramic, a fully disposable pad of filter floss that contains activated carbon inside and then an anti-algae sponge. You replace the floss/carbon pad and the anti-algae sponge every 30 days, the ceramic can be rinsed in aquarium water every 90 days.

The clear flap lid is also useful to watch the filter at work, incase of any issues that need to be sorted.

There is an impeller system on the underside of the filter that is protected by a large perforated cover. The cover is removable for maintenance & cleaning of the impeller housing and for impeller replacement.

Cost wise the filter is under £20 at most aquatic suppliers, so definitely not a budget breaker for such a good quality filter.

The service packs come as 1 or 3 month and cost well under £10 for the 3 month.....the three month contains 3 floss/carbon pads and 2 anti-algae sponges.

Pros: This filter is literally silent, extremely good value and very efficient. Performance wise its 480 litres per hour. Aquarium size 51 to 100 litres.

Cons: None so far.

Interpet's own webpage with s etc : Interpet - Internal Cartridge Filter CF 2

Skavatar

nice review. it looks and sounds very similar to the Tetra Internal filters, I have three of the 20i. yes, they are very silent, and no priming needed.

I would suggest not using the factory cartridges b/c when you replace them you're also discarding most of your BB. I learned how to upgrade/customize the filter media from this video. basically put some polyfil in the bottom as your mechanical filtration, and then biomedia on top, like biomax ceramic beads.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ChrissFishes01
Replies
Views
Nickguy5467
Replies
Views
Cherryshrimp420
  • Question
Replies