Votes: 17 24.6%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 47 68.1%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 5 7.2%

• Total voters
Blub
Hi!

Which do you like best? Firefox all the way!

sirdarksol
This is like asking "Would you like a bowl of cornflakes or a case of the smallpox?" Even if you don't like cornflakes, why would you ask for the smallpox?

The only issue that I have with Firefox (as well as my second choice, Netscape) is that there are some companies that only support Explorer on their sites. An example is Netflix, which only supports Explorer with regards to its streaming video function. Explorer does allow such sites better security with regards to their products, but the same features that allow the websites to keep their products safe from theft also leave the user's computer open to malware infection.

MagpieTear
Explorer isn't an option anymore, so Firefox or Safari

COBettaCouple
I love Firefox and wouldn't touch IE anymore. Even my cel has Opera on it so I don't have to run IE.

dandilyin
Firefox! IE seems so awful now that I have Mozilla.
Definitely wouldn't go back!

Lucy
I use both

sirdarksol
I use both

That's it, let's go. I warned you about acting out around here.

Seriously, I'm curious, though. Is there a reason you still use IE?

Lucy
I promised I'd be good. lol

Habit, I guess. Plus most of my favorites are still on EI.

COBettaCouple
You can import them into firefox.

sirdarksol
Habit, I guess. Plus most of my favorites are still on EI.

Fair enough.

Lucy
You can import them into firefox.

How would I do that? I know firefox is safer.

sirdarksol
It actually should have done so automatically.
I know how to manually do it, but there should be a way to get Firefox to do it for you.

COBettaCouple
Under "File" is the "Import" option. It should find all your other browsers and offer to import from them.

sirdarksol
Well there you go. Not only does Fishlore help keep your tanks happy, healthy, and clean, but it also helps keeping your computer in the same condition.

Lucy
Got it, thank you!

COBettaCouple
No problem.. anything to help free us from Gates-ware. :helpsmilie:

sirdarksol
No problem.. anything to help free us from Gates-ware. :helpsmilie:

But Windows Vista is better and easier to use than any of the previous versions of Windows, and now comes with 3% less botulism.

Important Notice: Windows Vista only properly works on Macintosh computers, and most factory computers do not have the operating power to run Windows Vista and any other programs you may wish to have running. We assure you, however, that this is not actually an inconvenience, and is better for your enjoyment/utilization of your computer.

Lucy
But Windows Vista is better and easier to use than any of the previous versions of Windows, and now comes with 3% less botulism.

Important Notice: Windows Vista only properly works on Macintosh computers, and most factory computers do not have the operating power to run Windows Vista and any other programs you may wish to have running. We assure you, however, that this is not actually an inconvenience, and is better for your enjoyment/utilization of your computer.

That's why my husband bumped up my laptop a bit, so it could handle Vista and any other programs I have.

You see the laptops at Walmart for $500-$600, what they don't tell you is the memory and hard drive is inadequate to handle Vista.

sirdarksol
That's why my husband bumped up my laptop a bit, so it could handle Vista and any other programs I have.

You see the laptops at Walmart for $500-$600, what they don't tell you is the memory and hard drive is inadequate to handle Vista.

But this is unimportant, as this is not truly an inconvenience, and is, as we said, beneficial to your enjoyment/utilization of your computer.
Signed,
Microsoft

Tom
I prefer the Internet Explorer. But if I am on the other computer, I use Firefox, but if I'm on mine, I use Explorer.
Tom

Blub
Hi!

Personally, I use XP these days. I can't wait until my new PC - Ubuntu and XP!

Lucy
But this is unimportant, as this is not truly an inconvenience, and is, as we said, beneficial to your enjoyment/utilization of your computer.
Signed,
Microsoft

Now I'm confused, lol. Darn, I promised I'd be good.

COBettaCouple
Firefox is the 2nd fastest web browser. Opera is the fastest. IE lags way back there.

The same can be said for security and w3c compatibility.

sirdarksol
Now I'm confused, lol. Darn, I promised I'd be good.

What is there to be confused about? Microsoft is good, and will standardize the world, making everything work equally poorly.

Kinda reminds me of a short story where everyone in America has been made equal. Smart people have little earpieces that produce a loud noise periodically to distract them. Strong/fast people wear weights to make it more difficult for them to move.

Warning, the following contains anime info which only an otaku will understand.
Also reminds me of one of the funniest anime shows out there: Magical Girl Pretty Sammy. It's a spinoff of the TenchI universe, in which Sasami is a magical heroine. In one of the OAVs, she is fighting Biff Standard, whose Standardized computer programs will make all computers, and people, operate at the same poor level.

d0ggiem0mma
Hmmm... Firefox or Internet EXPLODER! I wonder LoL!

mychl717
FF all the way on my windows and linux boxes.... safarI on my iphone is cool too.

IE8 is coming, and will have multiple rendering engines, including one that will pass the ACID 2 test! That means that it will actually follow the standards that every other browser in the world follows, and eventually pages that are coded properly will work the same in IE and FF.

Wooot for free software making M$ play fair!

COBettaCouple
Firefox 3 is on the way too.. the latest betta release is 5x faster than FF2 and 7x faster than IE7. Very cool.

Sabi
Fire fox when i'm on my comp and opera when i'm on my Dads laptop.
The only thing opera lacks is the spell check.

Oil_Fan
Firefox FTW!!

Oh and those who need to use IE because of evil websites not understanding not everyone likes IE, install IE Tab. Click on Tools, Add-ons. Then search for IE Tab. It allows the IE engine to render inside of Firefox.

And from what I'm hearing Firefox 3 is going to be FAST!!

COBettaCouple
It's fast alright. ;D I tried the latest Beta and only my addiction to my numerous plugins has me staying at version 2 -- for now.. but more plugins are being updated to version 3 daily.

Blub
It's fast alright. ;D I tried the latest Beta and only my addiction to my numerous plugins has me staying at version 2 -- for now.. but more plugins are being updated to version 3 daily.
Hi!

FireFox 3 is going to be so cool. Have you tried CoolIris or PicLens?

FL CommunityFans
opera.

Allie
Firefox here too.

lilsoccakid
ive used all, and safarI kills them all with speed

Bonochick
I use Internet Explorer. I've never tried Firefox.

COBettaCouple
I've not heard of those 2 before.
Hi!

FireFox 3 is going to be so cool. Have you tried CoolIris or PicLens?

Try Firefox 3.
ive used all, and safarI kills them all with speed

pamd
I use FF for everything except Fish Lore. It doesn't display any of Fish Lore's graphics (including avatars, photos, buttons) so for now I'm stuck with using IE. Ugh. This started happening about two weeks ago and I had always used FF to access Fish Lore before with no problem. I hadn't changed any settings or added any plugins. It's Version 2.0.0.13.

I've installed FF3 Beta 4, and surprisingly, still have the same problem!

I went into Options --> Content --> Load s automatically --> Exceptions and typed in fishlore.com as an exception to allow.

Any ideas on solving this?

BTW, FF3 really seems terrific!!! It's noticeably faster than FF2 and blazingly fast compared to IE.

COBettaCouple
I'm not sure what's wrong. I'm using the same versions and everything loads alright. Is "load s automatically" checked?

pamd
Good question. I meant to mention that "load s automatically" is checked. I also should mention that I wrote to Mike when this first started happening. He didn't know what's wrong, and he hadn't received any similar reports.

Mike
Yeah, I'm running the latest FF right now and everything seems to load fine on my end...

Mike

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Meeps83
Replies
Views
Chanyi
Replies
Views
Toxic
Replies