Internal power filter overflowing?

Junfish

Reaction score
Hey guys! I bought an aquarium kit that I’m turning into a nice little shrimp tank, and while I know a sponge filter would be the best option, I decided to try out the tetra whisper internal power filter that came with the tank. have never had an internal filter before (only HOB) so I’m a bit confused with how this works. How is the filter cardrige even filtering anything since the water comes from the bottom? Anyways, the water is coming up over the cartridge and flowing down, but it can’t be clogged because I just set it up. It is supposed to do that? I’ve tried looking it up but haven’t really got any answers. Thank you!!
FBDF1A4E-73C8-44FF-81DC-7F8203DE93B2.jpeg

Cichlidude

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Not sure what model you have exactly. Does it have that plastic 'bio' thing that slides into the filter also? That is supposed to be in front, and not the back.

OP
J

Junfish

Reaction score
Cichlidude said:
Not sure what model you have exactly. Does it have that plastic 'bio' thing that slides into the filter also? That is supposed to be in front, and not the back.
Wow, you are totally right. That piece was lost in the box and now the issue is fixed! Thank you!

Cichlidude

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Junfish said:
Wow, you are totally right. That piece was lost in the box and now the issue is fixed! Thank you!
Great. Enjoy the filter.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom