Internal Parasites?

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It's hard...you have to really watch it. Does it poop white? does it spit out food? When it's feeding time does it just stay hidden? There are a lot of factors that go into it...

Why me

Valued Member
Reaction score
It’s hard enough to watch it eat. I’ve never even seen him/her poop since it got infected with ick way back when

Ulu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You really have to put this fish in a bare empty tank, that is absolutely clean, and feed him with care, allowing no food on the bottom of the tank.

Then you will be able to examine his feces, and also find out if he is suffering other maladies.

If you've got a fish that hides all the time and you suspect it is ill you need to get it out and look at it and make sure what's going on.

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
And pay close attention to his bottom/butt, whatever. Keep us posted please. I just got done dealing with parasites and it really sucks...

Why me

Valued Member
Reaction score
Got good and bad news. The bad. It did have worms. The good. They’re gone pretty much. Cost me like 30 bucks for meds. Don’t know why I didn’t just get a new one for 20. Guess I got attached to it.

My uncles a fisherman and I work with him. So I’m kind of fit decentitized to dead fish

Hopefully no new surprises. Is there a chance they’re still in there

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom