Internal bubble in my fish?

1. lwill Member Member

My male sword has a bubble inside of him towards his tail. It's not distorting his body at all. Does anyone have any idea what this is?
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1406246335.810764.jpg
    This is the best picture I could get. He's a bit shy no thanks to a bully of a female sword. She was so mean to him I took her back to the store and traded her for some hornwort.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. zinnaerris Member Member

I do believe that's normal. I could be wrong but I think it's to help them with their balance? Equilibrium? I dunno the exact lingo. All of my fishies have a bubble too. Unless he's swimming g funny and is acting I'll I would assume it's just the norm.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

3. lwill Member Member

It could be the case but if so it was never visible until recently. He had unfortunately lost a ton of weight because of a bully fish. He would never come out of hiding. Just worried about him. Luckily he has been out more and eating more recently

4. zinnaerris Member Member

Maybe some of the more experienced people can correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's part of the swim bladder? Maybe because he lost so much weight you can see it now. Is he acting and swimming ok?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. lwill Member Member

He swims fine when he chooses to swim, mostly he still hides and swims along the bottom but I feel like this is a fear reaction from being bullied. He's been much more active since I removed the big mean fish