Internal Bleeding of a White Cloud?

TylerLovesFish

Hello guys. I haven't been on in awhile, but I need some help.

I recently had a White Cloud Minnow die in my 29g, with a red spot on his belly and visible internal bleeding. I have no idea what was wrong, I saw it while it was dying with the spot, and it died overnight.

My water parameters before cleaning the tank after the death:

pH: lower than 6 (I had the water in a separate bowl for about 5 minutes, measured the water directly from the tank and it was 7.2-7.4)
Ammonia: 0-0.25 ppm (possibly because the water was in the bowl)
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Nitrate: 60ppm < Working on that.

Anyways, other than the Nitrate I don't see any problems. I recently had a corydora die (he had always had a swim bladder problem, for about a year now) and a desert goby that just disappeared (assumed dead).

Any ideas?

Happy New Year!

Even if You are not sure, please at least attempt to answer.
My fish are one of the only things I have that make me happy. I don't have friends and I really don't want these fish to die from an infection or parasite that I'm not seeing.

Last edited:

hopeful fish

I honestly have no idea. It very possibly may be nitrate poisoning. When removing the nitrate, be sure not to do it all at once--it can be kinda like pH shock, but nitrate shock.

Do you have any contaminants in your water source? Well or City?

Did you notice any odd behavior or stress signs before he died?

TylerLovesFish

I honestly have no idea. It very possibly may be nitrate poisoning. When removing the nitrate, be sure not to do it all at once--it can be kinda like pH shock, but nitrate shock.

Do you have any contaminants in your water source? Well or City?

Did you notice any odd behavior or stress signs before he died?

I had no contaminants, and I also did not have any odd behavior except for the fact that he could not swim well while he was dying, which is normal.

TylerLovesFish

Does anyone have any idea what could be happening?

Roxie Brookshire

Hello guys. I haven't been on in awhile, but I need some help.

I recently had a White Cloud Minnow die in my 29g, with a red spot on his belly and visible internal bleeding. I have no idea what was wrong, I saw it while it was dying with the spot, and it died overnight.

My water parameters before cleaning the tank after the death:

pH: lower than 6 (I had the water in a separate bowl for about 5 minutes, measured the water directly from the tank and it was 7.2-7.4)
Ammonia: 0-0.25 ppm (possibly because the water was in the bowl)
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Nitrate: 60ppm < Working on that.

Anyways, other than the Nitrate I don't see any problems. I recently had a corydora die (he had always had a swim bladder problem, for about a year now) and a desert goby that just disappeared (assumed dead).

Any ideas?

Happy New Year!

Even if You are not sure, please at least attempt to answer.
My fish are one of the only things I have that make me happy. I don't have friends and I really don't want these fish to die from an infection or parasite that I'm not seeing.

I feel the same way about my fish.

What I might try if I where you is to do a series of small partial water changes to lower those nitrates. Long term you might try adding plants.
Your ph is a little high but not outside of the range of what my brief research this morning suggests as acceptable for these guys.

I'm not too sure to be honest but hang in there Tyler.

fishnewbie33

Possibly septicemia? Bacterial or viral.

Anyway, my fish are also very important to me and I feel terrible if anything goes wrong...

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom