Interesting ramshorn color morph

1. Witchydesign

Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +6
    So ive got two tanks now with ramshorns. One is strictly blue and pearls, then my main tank started as only dark brown, red, and gold with 2-3 pearls that kept hiding. Since then of course we've had babies :) i was highly surprised that about 75% of the babies are a leopard coloration, and a good amount are pearls. Then theres 3 that look like dalmations. Pearls but with dark almost black leopard spots. Im thinking when they get bigger removing them to thier own jar and seeing what babies i can get out of them. I havent seen this color before so im intrigued. I tried getting a halfway decent picture but the light reflects off them a little too well. Lol. Heres the best that i could get. Theres two sitting next to each other in the middle of the big guys. The cory is Bertha if anyones interested lol.

[​IMG]

Thier spots are much darker than it looks in the picture. I might pull them sooner rather than later so they dont mate early with one of the big boys.

2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Ratings:
    +1,801
    Some lovely colour variations there, love the cory checking them out :)

3. hollie1505

hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +14
    they look beautiful! the colours are amazing!x

4. OP
    OP
    Witchydesign

Ratings:
    +6
    I wish i could get a better pic of the dalmations. They look much better in person lol.

5. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +4,963
    Great pic. Made this of mine (normal colored) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404569938.664162.jpg

6. NCE12940

NCE12940 Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Great photos! (I happen to like snails but, then, I've never been overrun by them :D)

7. OP
    OP
    Witchydesign

Ratings:
    +6
    I love them :) I've actually started adding some freeze dried daphnia every meal on top of the bannana leaves. They swarm it.