Interesting experience at the Lfs

Discussion in 'Aquarium Aquascaping' started by freak78, Dec 27, 2012.

1. freak78

freak78 Well Known Member Member

Went there today to get a few items and they happened to be getting a large shipment of driftwood in. So the driftwood guy that I've turned into was checking it all out. So was this other fella as well, and we ended up striking up a conversation. Well it seems he was visiting family for the holidays and is a big fish guy. And recently put a custom made 500 gallon aquarium in his wall. He was in his mid 50s and he said he has been doing aquariums for 30 years. He had like 5 the smallest being 125 gallon. Both saltwater and freshwater. Said if I was ever up his way in Maine come look him up. Never know who you will meet. He had some picture on his phone and that 500 gallon wall unit was absolutely stunning, the aquascaping was awesome in it. Looked like something you would see in a magazine. Very nice guy and his wife was just as polite and talkative as him. And I even ended up getting 2 more pieces of Malaysian driftwood that they just got in. Was a great day.

2. Tonia

Tonia Well Known Member Member

Wow!! sounds like a totally incredible day!

3. Reefdweller

Reefdweller Valued Member Member

You made you a new friend.

4. Tigress Hill

Tigress Hill Well Known Member Member

Lucky!

5. OP
    OP
    freak78

freak78 Well Known Member Member

Yeah I could've talked to him for a few hour and soaked up his knowledge but my kids were getting impatient.

6. pirahnah3

pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

wow sounds awesome, I have run into a few people at my LFS that are really cool. One of them has offered to come and help me setup my salt setup when I start going there, and bringing some live rock and sand with him!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice