Intake Filter for Marineland Penguin 350

crystalmemphis

Hi All,

Does anyone happen to know of a sponge intake filter I can purchase to fit over the end of the tube for the Marineland Penguin 350 filter? I'm not worried about keeping the stock plastic intake filter on the end, just looking for a sponge intake filter that will fit over the odd shaped, larger tube.

All I can seem to find are the standard size intake sponges or sponges that are hollow all the way through. I found a video on YouTube that showed a sponge like I am looking for. They had linked where you can purchase in the video description but the link no longer works. It was an old video.

86 ssinit

I use the round sponge in the middle. I plug up one end with more sponge. I also removed the stock strainer and drilled 1/8 holes into the intake tube. About 15 straight through. Than slid the sponge on to the tube ove the holes. Works great .

Islandvic

Here you go....

I think a replacement foam block for an Aquaclear 70 will work. You probably would need to cut it down so it's not as long, but the depth should be good so there is enough room for the Penguin intake to fit into.

I used this method for about a year. I used an Aquaclear 70 foam block on the intake of an Aquaclear 70. That think collected TONS of muck! Worked great. Online you can find 3-packs of replacement AC foams for around $5.

crystalmemphis

I used this method for about a year. I used an Aquaclear 70 foam block on the intake of an Aquaclear 70. That think collected TONS of muck! Worked great. Online you can find 3-packs of replacement AC foams for around $5.
Here you go....

I think a replacement foam block for an Aquaclear 70 will work. You probably would need to cut it down so it's not as long, but the depth should be good so there is enough room for the Penguin intake to fit into.

Thank you!
I believe this is what I’m looking for.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ProudPapa
Replies
Views
Fisch
Replies
Views
AcuarioAmazonico