Question Insulating Materials for bubble mailer

FishGirl115

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm shipping live plants for the first time. I plan to use a bubble mailer with the plants wrapped in wet paper towel. But I need insulation. What do I use for that?

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
Reaction score
FishGirl115 said:
I'm shipping live plants for the first time. I plan to use a bubble mailer with the plants wrapped in wet paper towel. But I need insulation. What do I use for that?
If styrofoam sheets won't fit best other option is newspaper. Almost acts like insulation layer. Maybe inch on each side I would pack as full as can be if it's the if 8t fits it ships. Lol

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
Reaction score
FishGirl115 said:
Ps I would not use bubble mailer. Plants will get smashed. I would use small box.

I wouldn't sleep if I sent in mailer. Lol

OP
FishGirl115

FishGirl115

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
SanDiegoRedneck said:
Ps I would not use bubble mailer. Plants will get smashed. I would use small box.

I wouldn't sleep if I sent in mailer. Lol
Lol. Alright... That's gonna up the price

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I've sent plants through the regular mail in bubble envelopes with a pretty great success rate. I just put the plants in a layer of paper towels and a freezer size ziplock and push most of the air out and add postage. 99% of mine were delivered without any issues. Just my experience so far.

OP
FishGirl115

FishGirl115

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
kallililly1973 said:
I've sent plants through the regular mail in bubble envelopes with a pretty great success rate. I just put the plants in a layer of paper towels and a freezer size ziplock and push most of the air out and add postage. 99% of mine were delivered without any issues. Just my experience so far.
Wow! Okay. Thanks. So you didn't even have to pay shipping? What size mailers?

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
Reaction score
kallililly1973 said:
I like this onsite. Thanks. because I have some extra plants I want to sell next week.

New Threads