Instant Ocean Nitrate Reducer In Fw

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponitboss

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Is it possible for me to use instant ocean on a fresh water tank? Anyone ever tried it? Is it harmful to shrimp, snail and plants? Trying to find the cheapest way of lowering my nitrate from tap water coming in at 40-80 ppm. Filters, rodi and other things like that are way too expensive here.

Attachments

Cichlidude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
After a quick search using Google according to the manufacturer, no it is not for use in Fresh water tanks.

Edit - Post updated below.

Last edited:

Whitewolf

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Run the water thru a diy carbon/ zeolite filter. Keep lots of plants. Just thoughts

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
After a quick search using Google according to the manufacturer, no it is not for use in Fresh water tanks.
You know that is not what the link from a user on this forum said right ?? I have never done this so deferred to someone else experience.. Have you done this to know differently ?

Cichlidude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You know that is not what the link from a user on this forum said right ?? I have never done this so deferred to someone else experience.. Have you done this to know differently ?
Yeah, the link is dead.

Cichlidude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah, the link is dead. ohps, no it's not. Just going by what the manufacturer says.
Can this be used in freshwater tanks?
Answer:
No
By Dennis Martinez on May 5, 2018
Hi Angela, It could, but it would not benefit the tank at all. It doesn't work in fresh water. The closest we make to something similar for freshwater is Tetra Easy Balance Plus. . This has different ingredients, but helps to balance the tank. In freshwater, though, your best recourse for lowering nitrates, is to vacuum the tank and do 25% water changes regularly. Also, clean out the filter system and replace the media at least monthly.
By Manufacturer

Edit - However it does not say anything on the bottle about fresh or salt water... hummmm...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom