Instant cycle in Canada?(bio-spira)

ThisGuy
Does anyone know if you can get Bio-Spira and Tetra Safe Start here in Canada? I know you can ship it in but that is way expensive and it takes a day. I know you can get it in the **== and versions of it in Europe but I am not sure about here in Canada.

Thanks

Ryan

P.S I am looking for the salty version

Tom
No, sorry, not in Canada as of yet. I'm pretty sure they won't even let it across the border, if they do, I'd be amazed. And I haven't even heard of the Tetra Safe Start(maybe under a different name), so I am not sure about that one.
Tom

Shawnie
tetra safe start is suppose to be the new formulated bs...withoug needing to be kept cold...but ive not heard a lot of good stories about the safe start..maybe because its still so new...

voiceless_kat
No, sorry, not in Canada as of yet. I'm pretty sure they won't even let it across the border, if they do, I'd be amazed. And I haven't even heard of the Tetra Safe Start(maybe under a different name), so I am not sure about that one.
Tom

Bio Spira can be imported into Canada for personal use. That means a pack or two no big deal. Commercial importations get sticky, since these things have to meet the guidelines set out by Health Canada, and most can't be bothered.

I import it all the time.............from Minnesota where I buy it. However, I know that my LFS in BemidjI will now be carrying Safe Start. I don't want to be the first to try it....but I am a BIG fan of Bio Spira..even tho I have had the pants scared off me a couple times, I have never lost a fish. Rose turned me onto Bio Spira and I have never looked back. For larger tanks ( or a bunch of smaller tanks all at the same time) especially, I am of the opinion that it was worth every penny.

I would imagine that once SafeStart is out there for purchase, it will be carried as commonly as all those "fake" cycle starters, since it will require no special handling. I am thinking we will find it in Canada then.

Val

ThisGuy
Bio Spira can be imported into Canada for personal use. That means a pack or two no big deal. Commercial importations get sticky, since these things have to meet the guidelines set out by Health Canada, and most can't be bothered.

I import it all the time.............from Minnesota where I buy it. However, I know that my LFS in BemidjI will now be carrying Safe Start. I don't want to be the first to try it....but I am a BIG fan of Bio Spira..even tho I have had the pants scared off me a couple times, I have never lost a fish. Rose turned me onto Bio Spira and I have never looked back. For larger tanks ( or a bunch of smaller tanks all at the same time) especially, I am of the opinion that it was worth every penny.

I would imagine that once SafeStart is out there for purchase, it will be carried as commonly as all those "fake" cycle starters, since it will require no special handling. I am thinking we will find it in Canada then.

Val

How much did you pay to import it I was looking at a site and the estimate with shipping was over $100 for a $20 bottle of the stuff. Do any of you know of any good alternatives to bio-spira that we can get up here.

Thanks

Ryan

voiceless_kat
HI Ryan, I have to travel almost 3 hours to buy it....it is only $13.95. I have never ordered it for delivery. I live right on the Minnesota/Ontario border.

It is the only product I have tried, so I am hoping the SafeStart is going to work the same.Because it doesn.t require refrigeration, I would order it online if I had to.

Maybe someone else knows of another product. Good luck.

Val

ThisGuy
hmmm... there is a small LFS that is run by the owner ill see if he can get it he's all about getting stuff in that you can't get anywhere else. Its good to know that you got it from somewhere...did you got to the states to get it?

voiceless_kat
Ya, I drive south. However I also have a post office box in Minnesota so will be able to order SafeStart on line and just go over there and pick it up. If you end up wanting safestart and can't find it, you could send it to my po box, I could pick it up and send it via mail to you.

Val

Tom
Ya, I drive south. However I also have a post office box in Minnesota so will be able to order SafeStart on line and just go over there and pick it up. If you end up wanting safestart and can't find it, you could send it to my po box, I could pick it up and send it via mail to you.

Val

Then you could also make some trips to bring them to me and a few other people I know that would probably like to use it. You could be like a Beer Baron. lol
Tom

voiceless_kat
Ok, but please, let me be a wine baron....

ThisGuy
I am only about 3 hrs from the boarder it might be worth the trip. I looked in big Al's today and they just don't carry anything of that quality.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
RobinOfTT
Replies
Views
fishbum
Replies
Views
voiceless_kat
Replies
Views