Installing a new Fluval M100 heater?

Kathylee

I'm a little confused. I just watched a video that said to leave the temperature dial OUT of the water.
Do I 100% submerge this heater or leave the dial above?
Not knowing I completely submerged it already. So I removed it but I'm seeing mixed reviews.
There's no manual, just a small cardboard pamphlet:

16201645052733026788287743747790.jpg

carsonsgjs

Ive got an m200 and its been fully submerged for about 5 years - no issues. The pictures suggest that if you have it vertical then it should be out of the water, but if you angle it then it can be submerged. Doesnt quite make sense to me!

Upvote 0

Kathylee

Ive got an m200 and its been fully submerged for about 5 years - no issues. The pictures suggest that if you have it vertical then it should be out of the water, but if you angle it then it can be submerged. Doesnt quite make sense to me!
THANK YOU! I was freaking out thinking I broke my new heater, I normally use Aqueon, went to the store to do an exchange today & they were out of stock so I got this Fluval Heater for FREE!!

Upvote 0

carsonsgjs

THANK YOU! I was freaking out thinking I broke my new heater, I normally use Aqueon, went to the store to do an exchange today & they were out of stock so I got this Fluval Heater for FREE!!
No problem. Just checked and fluval say it is fully submersible on their website too. Its a good heater once you get the temperature right - never let me down anyway. The led light on mine isnt very bright anymore which is the downside, so i have to really check that its still working.

I actually replaced mine with a different heater last month but that blew up so im back on the old fluval (luckily i kept it as a spare!).

Upvote 0

Kathylee

No problem. Just checked and fluval say it is fully submersible on their website too. Its a good heater once you get the temperature right - never let me down anyway. The led light on mine isnt very bright anymore which is the downside, so i have to really check that its still working.

I actually replaced mine with a different heater last month but that blew up so im back on the old fluval (luckily i kept it as a spare!).
Awesome Thank you for checking!
I had a cheap TopFin 100W from petsmart & the LED light started blinking, I've only been using it for less than 6 months, so I called the store & they said they'd exchange it.. And I was given this Fluval instead.
I've had good luck with aqueon so far, I think I've been using these Aqueon heaters for over 1 year without complications.
The one that died, that you had, was it a Fluval heater or another brand?

Upvote 0

carsonsgjs

Awesome Thank you for checking!
I had a cheap TopFin 100W from petsmart & the LED light started blinking, I've only been using it for about less 6 months, so I called they said they'd exchange it.. And was given this instead.
I've had good luck with aqueon do far.
The one that died, that you had, was it a Fluval heater or another brand?
It was an aquael platinium. I got one free as part of an aquael tank i bought and thought id use it to see what it was like, and i was that impressed that i changed out an eheim jager (absolutely hated that thing) and my old fluval m on my other tanks. Typical that one blew up almost straight away but i think i just got unlucky! I need to sort out a replacement for it but the fluval is back in doing its thing for now.

Upvote 0

Kathylee

It was an aquael platinium. I got one free as part of an aquael tank i bought and thought id use it to see what it was like, and i was that impressed that i changed out an eheim jager (absolutely hated that thing) and my old fluval m on my other tanks. Typical that one blew up almost straight away but i think i just got unlucky! I need to sort out a replacement for it but the fluval is back in doing its thing for now.
I've never heard of Aquael. I have heard of Eheim Jager but they are never available near me.
I started out purchasing Aqueon tank kits & the heaters were included so that's how I ended up stuck on the Aqueon trend. Haha
But I find myself trusting more & more Fluval products, I have their filter media, tools, fertz, sponges, ceramic rings, filter brushes, air pump. So today when my choice was a 50W Topfin heater VS. A 100w Fluval I figured I would give it a try. It's been plugged in for a bit & seems to be working nicely! I have it fully submerged at a / angle.

Good to know it's not a janky heater! Haha

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• prettynyguen
  • Heater
Replies
Views
Tanks and Plants
Replies
Views
mattgirl
  • Question