Inline heaters?

Dillan Murphy

How well do inline heaters work, can I still plug them into a inkbird?

Redviper

How well do inline heaters work, can I still plug them into a inkbird?

As long as the inline doesn't include an internal thermometer it SHOULD work. If I was going to use an inline, I'd check with inkbird and the heater tube manufacturer before I broke out my wallet, just to be safe.

Upvote 0

Linda1234

The primary concern with using an inline with inkbird is amps. There is a max amp rating the inkbird will handle; some of the large inline (for very large tanks people frequently use pond heaters such as elecro) which can draw a bit of current.

Upvote 0

Redviper

The primary concern with using an inline with inkbird is amps. There is a max amp rating the inkbird will handle; some of the large inline (for very large tanks people frequently use pond heaters such as elecro) which can draw a bit of current.

There's a reason why I've never been concerned about a devices "amp" rating. It's because I haven't been forced to be by circumstances. I've popped for my share of electrical devices over my adult life, both aquarium AND computer related, and amps have never been something to be freaked about.

I'm not trying to be a smarty-pants towards you, Linda1234. I'm just trying to convey how much of a zero your post is, for ME at least.

Upvote 0

Linda1234

My post is not intended for you it is intended for the person who posted the question.

There's a reason why I've never been concerned about a devices "amp" rating. It's because I haven't been forced to be by circumstances. I've popped for my share of electrical devices over my adult life, both aquarium AND computer related, and amps have never been something to be freaked about.

I'm not trying to be a smarty-pants towards you, Linda1234. I'm just trying to convey how much of a zero your post is, for ME at least.

Upvote 0

Redviper

My post is not intended for you it is intended for the person who posted the question.

My post was in intended for you, with the OP in mind. No ups or downs to it. I suspect you're "fresh" when it comes forum interactions. Since I'm tapped when it comes to comity where you're concerned, perhaps one of the mods will take you under their wing for a "aquarium electronics 101" TED talk and a breif posting etiquette course. Either way, buh-bye!

Upvote 0

Linda1234

Anyway op the issue is that the heater will draw a lot of current. If it draws far more current than the inkbird is designed for you can blow the fuse in the inkbird and it will fail to turn the heater on. Different models have different rating usually in max watts the plug(s) can handle.

My post was in intended for you, with the OP in mind. No ups or downs to it. I suspect you're "fresh" when it comes forum interactions. Since I'm tapped when it comes to comity where you're concerned, perhaps one of the mods will take you under their wing for a "aquarium electronics 101" TED talk and a breif posting etiquette course. Either way, buh-bye!

Upvote 0

Redviper

Anyway, the issue this person seems fixated on is simply irrelevant. If for some reason the OP is concerned with something THIS esoteric, they should consider what I suggested and contact the related manufacturers directly. It makes NO sense to try and drive posters into hysterics over low-level, minutia that has no real basis in reality.

"Primary concern?" :) Perhaps back in the 1930's. Passive aggressiveness is ugly, so I'll retire from my effort to HELP the OP. Good luck Dillan!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Cambrianexplosion24
  • Heater
Replies
Views
Cambrianexplosion24
  • Question
  • Dillan Murphy
  • Heater
Replies