Inline drip system

1. F

Florian Pellet Well Known Member Member

Hi DIY fishlorers,

I'm trying to make a DIY drip system. I posted another thread about the tiny glassware overflow I'm making (I have no sump, I use a canister filter, so I only need my overflow to handle a tiny amount of flow, so it gets to be small and cute like ADA pipes instead of bulky and super visible): https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/diy-do-yourself/232320-drip-system-glass-overflow.html

Now I'm here to ask about the other side of the drip system: the water influx.

Because I'm using a canister filter, I can't drip into a sump. And to remove clutter, I'd love not to have to drip into my tank either. So I'm wondering whether there is such a thing as an inline piece of equipment that I could plug my water into? It's basically going to be a hose (of whatever size but I'm thinking airline type) with low flow low pressure (1 gallon per hour tops). Maybe something like an inline doser? I don't know if that exists...

Could using a CO2 inline diffuser work? I'd plug the water inlet where CO2 would normally arrive.
    atomic-inline-diffuser-12-16mm_zm__27251_zoom.jpg

Ideas?

2. OP
    OP
    F

No one has an idea for me? That would be such a cool innovation though!

3. Big Red

Big Red Well Known Member Member

Look up joeydiyking on you tube he will help you out. But you might find what your lookingfor in the lawn watering section.

4. OP
    OP
    F

I've looked at his videos. But nowhere there is a way to inject water directly into the return hose from the canister filter.

5. Big Red

Big Red Well Known Member Member

Ohh that sounds problematic. Cans can only pump so much I feel like tying a return line in would cause leaks why not drop it into tank. Running it inline may cause a vacume on drip line and suck more water than you choose too.

6. OP
    OP
    F

It would be a very minimal addition though. Like .5 gallon per hour. Plus, I already have an inline pump on the return hose from the cannister, to help with the flow rate. It sounds very feasible, I just don't know how.

7. OP
    OP
    F