Inkbird heater controller

Dillan Murphy

When using the inkbird heater controller can the heaters used be adjustable or do they have to be nonadjustable heaters? I'm currently using a 300w hygger heater that I love for my 60 gallon, I don't know if I should buy two of those and have two separate controllers or not.

Linda1234

The heaters can be adjustable but if the heater is set lower than the inkbird the inkbird acts as a safety if the heater malfunctions.

Upvote 0

86 ssinit

Yes they are made for adjustable heaters. It’s a fail safe and you can plug 2 heaters into one ink bird.

Upvote 0

Nickguy5467

i just have my heater set to max inside my tank but my inkbird shuts it off once my tank gets to 77

Yes they are made for adjustable heaters. It’s a fail safe and you can plug 2 heaters into one ink bird.
2 heaters? must be different than mine then. it has 1 cool and 1 heat outlet. =)

Upvote 0

86 ssinit

Yes you bought a different model. Mine is the 306 you’ve probably 308 which is for salt water tanks that use chillers. The 306 is just for heat.

Upvote 0

Nickguy5467

Yes you bought a different model. Mine is the 306 you’ve probably 308 which is for salt water tanks that use chillers. The 306 is just for heat.
thanks 86. i plan on using that outlet for a water surface fan. thanks for the input

Upvote 0

applejax

I've heard if you use it to power on and off a heater with a digital thermometer, it can cause problems. I have mine set to cut power a few degrees above what my heater with digital therm is set for, so the heater is as heater does unless it doesn't, then the Inkbird cuts it off.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Charlie’s Dad
  • Heater
Replies
Views
Islandvic
  • Question
  • Cambrianexplosion24
  • Heater
Replies