Injury, Ich, Or Something Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlugLady

Reaction score
Hi just hoping for some advice on a spot on my female betta's back. Hopefully you can see the pictures okay.

I was changing Nightshade's water this morning when i noticed a weird whitish-pink spot on her back. It was not there yesterday. Im not sure if she got injured during the waterchange or if its something worse.

Shes a tiny thing that lives in a 3 gallon tank. Ive had her almost a year now. I checked this evening and all her water perameters are normal including temperture. You may notice that one of her gills is larger then the other. This is normal. Nightshade has Gill Hyperplasia, a swollen gill from an injury, and has had it since the day i got her.

i just examined her last week with a flashlight and didnt notice anything except i suspected her gill was looking larger then usual.

But right now, shes still full of energy, has a happy appetite and explores her tank regulary.

Currently i have added some aquarium salt. i did this during the water change. I was already planning on adding it because of her gill, but with this weird spot, i want to be more sure of what it is before giving her other medications.

Any ideas?

Attachments

Repolie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Kinda looks like a scrape, do you have anything sharp in the tank? It also looks like a lesion. Can you take more closer pictures? Does the area look like it's missing some scales? Is it slightly indented into the skin?

OP
SlugLady

SlugLady

Reaction score
Kinda looks like a scrape, do you have anything sharp in the tank? It also looks like a lesion. Can you take more closer pictures? Does the area look like it's missing some scales? Is it slightly indented into the skin?
She is so small its hard to tell. if there is an indent or not. its whitish pink.

heres another photo. my girl is so hyper she wont stay still so this is the best i got

Attachments

Repolie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Since it wasn't there before, I'm going to say that it's a scrape. I would add in a antiseptic, aquarium salt works and also Stress Guard works great. Can you post a picture of the tank do we can see what she may have scraped herself on while you were doing a water change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom