Injury from fighting?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by delta5, Aug 12, 2015.

1. delta5Well Known MemberMember

I'm pretty sure a demasoni challanged the yellow lab male and now my lab has this...

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender_1.jpgFullSizeRender_2.jpgFullSizeRender_3.jpg

It started off as a white area. Now its dark in color. He still eats.

2. ricmccWell Known MemberMember

You could remove him, and keep him in rather pristine water of the same values as the water he is used to, or you could just monitor the wound for a few days to see if it is getting better. Cichlids in general have pretty remarkable immune systems, it seems, likely a result of lifestyle, and most minor wounds heal well on their own. You might also watch for future aggression; if it persists, try rearranging some rockwork in order to alter sight lines and the like. Best of luck, rick

3. delta5Well Known MemberMember

I pulled the carbon from the filters and added seachem ParaGuard. My fear of removing him is one of the demasonis will try to breed with the yellow labs.

4. LeoDiazFishlore VIPMember

Looks like he got in a lip locking battle those fight alway end up with damage like that. Ill just keep an eye on him should heal fine but keep water conditions really well dont skip a water change.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice