Injured Texas Male, Females sadly gone.

Dimmy

Hey everyone, I've been pretty mia (quiet) on here, I only come on when in help! I am terrified, my Beautiful perfect breeding pair of Texas, isn't so perfect anymore. Half a week ago maybe, I sadly had to put my female Texas to rest as she couldn't swim, barely had any scales, scalds hanging off her, it was a terrible sight! They didn't love each other anymore! From my view, I'd say the male really really bashed the female to death over night, the male is in a quaratine tank, he was pretty damaged but he was still alive! I decided to give him some hope, even though he just killed his gf off, he had scars and flesh coming off him, I'd say the female tried her best. :( He's been in quararine for a while now, he seems to be doing okay, but hes really pale, he's not really eating blood worms or anything. A few pellets here a their. His scars are still pretty painful looking as the scabs came off. I'm not sure what else I can do for him? Will he recover slowly ? How long does a fish normally take to heal? I'm pretty sure he is traumatised. I opened my kitchen blinds and he went crazy in his tank from the light twice! Plz help? I didn't even want this to happen. :( they lost 3 lots of babies so I think that might of made them turn against each other..... I have attached a couple photos of my male now. Ps, the water isn't yellow the heat light is. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20220118_103257.jpg
    20220118_103257.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220118_103248.jpg
    20220118_103248.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 16

Dimmy

Plz reply to my thread....

Mbradley17

Plz reply to my thread....
How sad… I’m sorry you are going through this :( I wish I knew how to help, but I don’t…..Hope he pulls through and someone shows up who can help

OutsideFoodBlob

I’ll second that hopefully someone with more experience with the breed and injuries will provide some specific recommendations.
Do you have any cloth/towels something to drap around the sides of tank to keep his stress levels down?
I don’t know how salt tolerant fish (cichlid?) is, therapeutic use of aquarium salt added could stimulate healing and hopefully keep secondary infection at bay.
Also even if refusing food, do you have any liquid vitamins? I use Boyd’s Vitachem but with food. But it can be dosed directly into water. Had a missing scale injury that is healing/healed with regular use. I’m sure there are other brands it’s just the only one I’m familiar with.
So sorry to hear this happened! I hope you are able to get him on the road to recovery.

KingOscar

Best wishes to you and your fish.

Dimmy

Thanks all, update.
He pulled through and his scars have basically fully recovered. He is now coming out for feeding time and not being so shy. Thanks all
He was so sensitive and scared to the sunlight, I could imagine how sensitive he would feel hurt.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views
Platyarelife
Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies
Views