Injured Tetra

Peachschnaps

Reaction score
Good Afternoon All!

I am new here so just let me know if you need anymore information!

Yesterday, whilst feeding, it seems that one of my Neon Tetras got injured. My amano shrimp tend to get a little excited at feeding time and I believe it could have been one of those doing the damage.

It first started as a small bump and now it looks like something is hanging out.
Considering quarantining her, but I don't have a 2nd tank, only a breeding chamber that you can place into the original tank.

She is swimming as normal, however, she is now hiding at the back of the tank most of the time.

125Ltr tank
NO3: 0mg/l
NO2: 0mg/l
GH: 8od
KH: 6-10od
pH: 6.8-7.2
Cl2: 0 mg/l

Tank buddies:
Cherry Shrimp, Blue Dream Shrimp, Yellow Shrimp, Amano Shrimp, Bamboo Shrimp, Rasboras, Guppies, Wrestling halfbeaks, 8 algae sucky fish

Let me know if anyone has any ideas :)

Attachments

FreshwaterHG

Well Known
Reaction score
From what I can see her abdomen is distended which is likely due to eggs. You can almost see the little bumps. I have neons and my females occasionally boat with eggs then go back to normal. Is there something else sticking out of her side? I can’t tell from the photos. I know it’s hard to good photos of neons.

MacZ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah, doesn't have to be a tumor, can also be a parasite. In any case, with an open abdomen, this fish will likely soon develop a sepsis and then it's over. I'd end its suffering.

New Threads